Chapter Six: Ambush

Mia's POV

"Mia, I had too,"

Uncle Luca took a step forward and I took one back.

"He would have killed your mother, father, Diana...everyone! Including you."

Including me?

"How? Why would he kill me?" I asked.

Uncle Luca takes another step forward and grabs the picture frame with everyone in it. I watched as he traces his fingers over everyone and clears his throat.

He licks his cracked and dried lips before looking back up at me. His finger pointed to the small baby and he chuckled a bit before speaking once again.

"That's you. This used to be your house, Mia. You were born here."

Okay, now this is getting way out of hand. I am going crazy.

"I am going crazy. There is no such thing as werewolves, this is all just a figure of my imagination isn't it? Y-you never turned into a wolf and I-I never saw you fighting that other wolf."

Uncle Luca set the photo frame down and pulled me into a tight embrace giving me a small kiss on the forehead.

"Honey, it is all real. I know it is so hard to take in but it is all so...real."

I start crying without any thought and just let the warm tears run down my cheeks. Uncle Luca rubs my back as a sense of comfort and cradles us from side to side.

"Why didn't anyone tell me? Why did you keep it a secret from me?"

There was a sudden knock on the side of the wall and I jolt out of his arms. Aunt Diana stood outside of the room with a small phone in her hand. I wipe the tear with my sleeves and sniffle quietly.

"It's your mother."

I walk up to Aunt Diana and she reaches her arm out with the phone. I grab it out of her grasp and put the phone to my ear, trying to find something to say to my mom.

"H-hello?"

I immediately pull the phone away from my ear as my mom was screaming and yelling at the top of her lungs.

"MIA WELDER! YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!"

Darn.

Brady's POV

I wait outside of the border of the Wood's Pack trying to think of a way to save Mia from her Uncle and this lifestyle. I circle back and forth feeling a stinging sensation on all my wounds from the cold air.

I had decided to stay in my wolf form just in case I get caught by guards. My paws had begun to hurt causing me to take a seat on the edge of the border as I waited patiently for Mia. My head was resting on my paws.

What do I do?

Think Brady, think.

A whimper leaves my lips and all I could think about was her and the way she looked. She was perfect and I was quite shocked that she was mated with me.

"I can't believe she followed you," I heard a soft voice.

I raise an ear to hear the conversation and my head is slowly lifted off of my furry feet. I see Luna Queen and quickly I duck my head back down.

"I know," Another voice responded.

Luca.

My curiosity got the best of me and I lean forward more toward the border trying to listen to their conversation carefully.