42

Eden had become used to Jonah's presence again, and this time it was harder. She missed him, and for that, she worked to improve herself.

Harry was not happy with her ignorance towards him.

Eden knew it was him who banged on her door, yelling profanities. She rushed towards the door, however hesitant to open it. She almost wished Jonah was there to hold her hand and assure her everything was okay.

She pressed herself against the door, debating on what to do, eventually leading to her opening it, and Harry storming inside.

She took steps away from him, trying to decipher what to do.

"You cheated on me." He accused.

"No I didn't. And also, we're done. Whatever there was, is no more." Eden said firmly.

"You can't just end this." His nose flared. He came closer, trying to make it seem like he wasn't angry. "Babe-"

"You've never called me babe. Don't call me that now either, or I will punch you."

Harry glared at her, and suddenly he was rushing towards her, and she didn't have the time to react, but he turned away at the last moment, smashing his hands on the glass table, intentionally breaking it.

Eden gasped. "What the hell?" She cried.

And she saw him walk around, blood on his hands, lines on his forehead, before he wiped his face and stared her down. "We- I- whatever happened, I will put it in the past, and we can move on."

"I don't care. Keep a grudge, whatever. I don't want to be with you." She told him, trying to keep her voice from shaking. "You make me feel worse than I am. I want to be better, and I can't do that with you around me, so just, get lost."

He slammed his hands on the wall, and Eden held her breath. That's how much and how badly he wants to hit me. Her lower lip quivered, but she was quick to regain herself. "I told you to leave."

"Fuck you." He came closer and grabbed her by the shoulders. "I'll fuck you like I did two months ago, and you're going to want more, because that's the slut you are."

"Get your hands off me." She ordered.

"I'll get your clothes off you, and mine off me. You want this. You know you do."

She didn't. She really didn't, and she was disgusted, though part of her was trying to convince her that whatever was happening, she deserved it, for being so horrible. She felt sick. She didn't budge. "If you don't get your hands off me, I will-."

"You will what? Hit me? Or cuff me down on the bed? You're a whore. You know that."

Eden pushed him, but he didn't budge. He tried to pull her, and she kicked his leg, making him fall to the floor. She jumped away from him, opening the door again.

He got back up and hastily jumped over to her, grabbing her hair, but two other hands pushed him back. "You insolent brat! Get the hell off my girl, or I will cut you into twelve pieces and sell you as meat." Penelope growled.

She punched him, and the two joined together to overpower him, making him leave the apartment as quickly as he came.

"Fuck this shit." Eden mumbled.

.

"I'm sorry, but-"

"I get it. What you feel is totally acceptable. I understand that my problems are burdening you, while you've got your own load to carry."

"I feel like such a bad friend."

"You really don't need to. You're doing good, putting yourself first. I get where you're coming from."

"Thanks, Eden. It was a lot to get off my chest."

"Completely fine." Eden smiled. It wasn't very genuine, even though she knew that it wasn't Penelope's job to carry her burden, but at the same tine, she felt a little angry. She had never asked for Penelope's help, and now she was pulling back after giving the little bit to her.

Eden chastised herself. It was awful to belittle Penelope's feelings. She knew she had to accept it.

"We start shooting tomorrow. I hope to see you there." Penelope gave her a quick hug.

"You definitely will." Eden walked her out of the apartment.

"One more thing. It's not safe here. You should come back down to the cast house."

"I'll think about it." Eden closed the door as Penelope left. With a sigh, she picked back up her script and revised it as best as she could, given that her thoughts didn't distract her.

But her phone did. It buzzed, and Jonah's name popped up. He had texted her. With a unique excitement, she dropped the script and sat down to text him.

.

Jonah told Sophia about Eden in my such a manner, that she could detect more than just friendship.

"She makes you feel what?"

"Special. I never knew what it meant for someone to make you happy. I... I was so happy with her." Her moved his straw around his drink, smiling.

"Sounds to me you're in love."

"I might as well be. I've liked her for about an year now."

"Does she feel the same?"

Jonah pursed his lips. "I hope so. I want to be with her, to call her mine, and be hers myself. I just... We started off as enemies, becoming acquaintances, then jumping to friends with benefits, before taking a step back and being friends once she came back for her break." He sighed. "I want her as so much more."

"I figured. You haven't talked that way about anyone before. And that hand holding, hair massaging stuff is so cute." Sophia laughed, leaning forward. "I have never seen her in person. I would love to meet the girl you have so fallen for."

"She's not good with first impressions." He warned her.

"How bad can it be?"

"She threw a slipper at me, the first time we met."

"Oh my god, now I literally have to meet her. She sounds so amazing. But then again, a lover describes his love in a way that even if the loved were a crow, the other person would assume them to be a swan." Sophia winked at him.

"I guess I can't argue with that." He laughed.

"So you're not denying it. You're in love with her."

He shrugged. "Everything I have seen in her, I've done nothing but love."