Chapter-20

Tanya's POV:

When I started coming down the stairs.I heard a boy singing a birthday song for me.When he came in front of me, I stopped on the same steps.He was nobody else but Ayush.I knew that he would do something upside down like this every year.

He climbed the stairs and came to me, he held my hand and kissed over there.I quickly pulled my hand away from him and he said in my ears that I look very beautiful and took me down with me and all the time,he stood beside me

Seeing all this, I was very angry.  Every year he does something similar.How many times have I told him that I have no interest in him and I have spoken the same to my mom.why don't she explain to him?I don't know when I will get rid of him.Then one by one everyone started coming to wish me a happy birthday.

I saw that a boy came and gave me bouquet and without hearing my reply,he left from there.He was none other than Varun and I was surprised to see him.He told me that he would not come on my birthday.Mom also told me that Varun is the son of my father's childhood friend.I stood there like this for 5 minutes. 

I wanted to talk to her, but could not go.My eyes were on him only.I saw that he was going somewhere, Arun stopped him.Then he also helped my lil chotu.I was very happy to see this.  I knew that he is a very nice person and a helper.Then I saw him and Chhotu talking for a few minutes.

Then Varun took out something of his pocket and gave it to Chotu and Chotu ran away from there.Suddenly Ayush received a call from someone and he told me that he comes back in a while. I showed him a fake smile and thanked God.I told mom that I would come in few minutes.I started moving towards Varun because I wanted to know why he lied to me and why he was angry with me instead of being angry?Ginni and Arun also stood with him.I gestured to Ginni to go from here and take Arun with her too.They went away.

Author's POV:

"Hi",Tanya said.

"Hello",Varun replied. 

"Why did you lie to me Varun?", Tanya asked. 

"What do you mean",Varun said.

"You know very well what I mean.You said that you will not come on my birthday because today your cousin also has a birthday, so how did you come here now?Your cousin's birthday party ended soon or his party was canceled or you left his party and came here",Tanya asked in angry tone.

"Actually..aaa..ahh...aaa...oh...",Varun said.

Tanya started saying while cutting it in the middle,Varun told me straight, you wished me and went away from there without hearing my answer, why did you do this?

"Actually,I wanted to surprise you by singing a song on your birthday.So I lied to you, but your boyfriend Ayush spoiled my whole plan",Varun told Ayush her boyfriend deliberately because he wanted to see what she answers.

"First thing she is not my boyfriend",Tanya said more angrily. 

  "Oh,So he is your close friend",Varun said. 

"He is neither my boyfriend nor close friend.He is the son of my mother's friend.Understood you", Tanya said angrily.

"I got it and would like to say something?",Varun asked very lovingly. 

"No",Tanya replied. 

"But as he held your hand, kissed there and brought you down and stood with you all the time.Seeing this, it seemed that he was someone special to you",Varun asked again.

"Understand what you have to understand",Tanya replied.

She was about to leave from there that Varun held her hand.