Best. Teacher. Ever.

I was sitting in the art class on the last day of the year when Mr. Haberkorn walked up.
"I'm liking this piece (y/n)."
"Thanks sir. Felt like doing abstract today."
"I'm getting a sense of guilt and the feeling of worry from your piece. Is everything alright at home?"
"Yeah. Was just my birthday the other day and....I don't know just brought up some weird emotions I guess."
"Many artist feel some sort of sorrow in life. To me this seems like a way of you trying to hide it."
"Well then how am I meant to hide it?"
"Oh I'm not saying hide your sorrows. No, no, no. I'm saying embrace it and turn it into a chaotic master piece."
"How am I meant to do that sir?"
"Take the jacket off and put on the art overalls. We are going to turn the sorrows into art."
I did as he said and when I came back to the art room I saw he had rearranged it. I looked at the wall and saw a massive canvas board there, surrounded by tarps.
"Sir, what is this?"
"An empty canvas. I want you to fill it with how you feel."
"That's way too big sir."
"Size is just a boundary. Boundary's are what make people boring and less creative."
"It will also make a mess."
"Mess is apart of creativity. Use the mess to your advantage."
"Ok then here goes nothing."
I picked up a container of paint and threw some on the canvas. When it landed I had to grab another colour and did the same. After colours were thrown I would grab the paint, rub the paint together on the canvas together and did anything I could think of. Once I was out of breath I felt open.
"Now this (y/n). Is what you were trying to hide." Mr. Haberkorn told.
I made my way next to him and saw what I made.
"Woah. I did that?"
"That you did. You embraced your emotions and made art with it. You are becoming a great artist (y/n)."
"How do you do it sir? How can you read what people are feeling through their art?"
"To see what people are feeling you need to see how the really look when creating it. When you created this, your body language said you were mad but it also wanted to hug itself to protect it. When your focusing on what you love your brain forgets what it's trying to hide. The best artist know how to take what they show and channel it into their work." He told before walking off.
'He is a weird teacher. But a good one at that.'