Fate had always prejudiced him and his love life was nothing more but a mockery. None of his previous relationships sustained. He had always failed in love.

 These thoughts broke him down completely as his legs shivered and he kneeled besides the beta to tightly hug him. "This is my only chance at happiness; my only chance at life! I cannot mate any other shifter because the pack hardly accepts me how will they accept my mate. Why am I to suffer this lonely life? Can I never have someone to love me!? Someone who I can love back. Someone to bear my children."

Callan was a crying mess. His shoulders hunched while his tear drops soaked Peter completely. The former beta himself was having a hard time witnessing a wretched Callan. Justus was hardly having it as he could no longer see the state his son was in. He cursed his fate and also the Luna for making his only son go through so many trials and tribulations in his life. He gulped his own sorrow and lend a comforting hand on Callan's shoulder. "The luna has plans for everyone my son. Besides we are here and we love you immensely."

****

On the request of his father Callan unwilling marched his steps to Einar's place. The situation which occurred back at the Alpha's place shouldn't have had arised in the first place. He knew Einar was right but he knew he was not wrong either. Nonetheless he was binded by the laws and whatever the reason maybe, inciting an Alpha was disrespectful. He could have been severely punished or even banished by the pack. If he did not wished for matters to escalate he knew that he should apologise to Einar as soon as possible.

He entered the large mahogany doors and climbed the stairways to reach Einar's room. He saw the door open and stood parallel to it. He was about to knock when he heard Einar saying  "Its the beasts. I don't love my mate but they do." Callan's eyes narrowed as his hand was left hanging mid air in act of knocking. He froze to his spot as his mouth lay open and he gazed at both of them intently.

Einar caught hold of the faint alluring scent of his mate and his feet turned his body on itself. He was glued to the spot while his brain just stopped working. Every part of him paused while his thoughts were put on a break. He slowly retreated his steps back and placed one hand on Garrick's shoulder. With utter desperation he linked his best friend What do we do? Say something Garrick. 

Garrick himself was so astonished to see the person on the door that he forgot to breathe for a moment. When his friend linked him, he stuttered but reluctantly forced his body to maintain a tough posture.

"It is impolite to intrude Ashton. What reason brings you here?"

Callan unconsciously shifted his gaze from Einar to the voice of Garrick "Uh.. I-I needed to speak with the Alpha."

Einar just gulped as his ability to form words vanished. Do something Garrick. Make him go, I cannot face him now. 

Garrick quaffed and cleared his throat. "Whatever it is Ashton, I know it can wait. We are in the middle of something important, you can visit some other time."

By the looks of it, Callan knew that the friends were discussing something personal to them. But what he heard kept replaying itself in his mind. He realised it was better to leave now and come back later as he did not wanted to ire Einar more than he already was. He slowly lowered his eyes, nodded his head and turned his back to leave.

Both the friends heaved a sigh of relief. "That was close. Do you think he heard something?" Garrick asked curiously.

"I don't know Garrick. I don't know." Einar whispered in apprehension while his eyes were glued to the entrance door. 

****

Callan stepped out of his house in merriment. He wore knee long shoes, black trousers and his favorite white shirt. The past few days had been emotionally draining for him. Viola was unwillingly sent to foreign packs beyond the sea to have her chance of finding her true mate. She reluctantly left the pack with a heavy heart leaving Callan emotionally devastated. He kept himself locked for a few days but with some encouragement and love from his parents he was ready for a comeback.