Chapter 192: The warmth of safety

Aizawa's POV:

That Sunday when we had received those two videos, Hizashi, Yagi, Midoriya, Chikao, and I went to the agency to bring the videos to the chiefs attention. It turned out that everyone had received the same first video and a different second one. It was like she was forced to make a last note ahead of time before they killed her. The chief watched them while we were still there, and we could tell that he too was trying to be strong and to be professional about it, but it was too much. I too tried my best to not tear up hearing what she had to say to the other four. She tried to bring up a happy memory or two, but it ended up sounding so sad. When we were all dismissed from the chiefs office, we all pretty much went our separate ways and tried to keep ourselves pieced together the best we could.

When the first of February finally came, Hizashi and I took the day off from UA and spent that whole day searching for Y/N. We started really early in the day, so pretty much at three in the morning. It was still so very cold, so it was almost torturous to be out there in the freezing cold wind, but we both knew that we could endure it since Y/N had been enduring more. We walked around all of the alleyways and in and out of the abandoned buildings. As we were searching, we still left no pebble unturned. We knew that on that Wednesday would be our last chance to find her. Just the two of us weren't the only ones searching. The chief asked neighboring districts to help search for Y/N, so there was a pretty large crowd of heroes and regular officers out there. We thought that it was weird how we kept finding rooms that had blood stains on the ground, so we came to the conclusion that they were moving her.

Once eight in the morning came around, Hizashi convinced me that we should stop at a cafe and get a coffee to warm up. Just walking into the warm cafe was enough to make me melt and made me ready to go out and continue the search. After we ordered our coffee, Zashi asked me quietly, "What are we going to do?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

He hesitantly asked, "If we don't find Y/N?"

I didn't want to think about it, "We still have a chance at finding her...but there is also that chance that we won't..." I paused, "If we don't, we'll quit being both a hero and a teacher. How can we do those two things if we can't even find our student and a fellow hero."

"But you never said that when Bakugo was taken."

I sighed before I said, "That's because there were actual leads to go off of and he wasn't being tormented like Y/N is. We also found him quicker than how long it's taking to find Y/N."

He looked down and stared at the table until we got our coffees a minute later. Though we didn't think we were, we finished our coffees quite fast so then we could go back out and continue the search for her. We didn't want to waste more time than what we already had. When we finished, we quickly paid what we owed then left to continue the search. Throughout the day, we had to help someone here and there, but we didn't achieve our first goal. Once ten o'clock at night rolled around, we were both sad to admit it, but we were starting to lose hope. As we were walking around still, I overheard two guys walking on the other side of the street talking about something that picked up my interest.

"Hey, did the boss tell you to cover her feet with left-overs again so the rats would bite her feet?" the one guys asked.

The other shook his head, "Nope, but he did tell me to get another bucket ready for another waterboarding session. Did you give her another dose of that quirk tranquilizer?"

"No, he said that since today's her last day and she's so weak that there's no need to inject more into her; besides, there isn't any left. I had to use the last one a few days ago."

It then registered in my head what they were talking about. I ran across the street without looking and apprehended the one. "Where is she!" I yelled while the other went running. "Get that one!" I yelled to Hizashi, which he then ran after the other guy.