Chapter 170: Nothing but surprises

I woke up the next morning feeling a little better than how I was feeling the previous days. I felt like I had a little bit more strength, which I found sort of odd since it usually takes longer, but whatever, I won't complain. I got ready in my school uniform, which felt like I haven't worn it in ages. I then gathered what I needed in my backpack and left my room. I thought I was doing pretty well that morning...until I fell down the stairs...again. As I fell I closed my eyes and tensed up. After being like that for a few seconds, I heard a voice behind me.

"Are you going to float there all day?" Shinso asked.

I floated back down, "No...I fell and reflexes got the better of me."

"Well, you shouldn't be using them longer than what you need."

I picked up my backpack as I said under my breath, "Shut up."

I then walked to the sofa and took a seat while Shinso did the same. Yamada was already in the kitchen when we arrived in the living room. Though I felt pretty good earlier, I now started to feel tired and wore out; it was probably because I used a quirk on such short notice. Before I closed my eyes to try and sleep, I noticed that Yamada didn't have his directional speaker. I then remembered that it was broken beyond repair, so he'd have to order a new one. I got the idea that as soon as school was over, I should generate a new one before he could put in the order. I then promised myself that I wasn't going to use my quirks too much so then I could use more of it to generate the large and intricate item later. I finally closed my eyes and tried to sleep again, but that plan didn't quite work out since about five minutes later Aizawa came out of their room, so then we left a little bit after that. When we were in the car, I then took that opportunity to take a nap.

When we got to the school and began to walk in, I said to Yamada, "Remember, don't be too loud or do anything that will strain your vocal chords. They may be fully healed, but they still need a little time for them to become stronger."

He punched my shoulder and said with a smile, "Look who's worrying now."

"And you're just realizing this now?" I ask sarcastically with a smile.

He then replied in a sarcastic tone, "Oh yeah, I never noticed at all before this."

"Can it you two." Aizawa said tiredly.

I then went to the classroom and made myself comfy at my desk. It felt like I haven't been there in forever; as a student I mean. I tried to fall asleep, but I all of a sudden wasn't tired. When everyone started to file into the classroom, people started to stop by my desk and tell me that I did a really good job at filling in for Mic, with some saying that he should be gone more often so I could fill in. I guess that the way that I explained everything, they understood it more. When Midoriya and the rest of the group stopped by, he began to ask questions.

"What happened to your forehead? Did it happen when you collapsed on Friday?" Midoriya asked.

"Yeah actually...how do you know that?" I ask a little confused.

"Class 1-B was talking about it. What happened?"

'Think! Think of a believable lie!'

"I was called onto a mission pretty much as school ended on Thursday and I used way too much and too many quirks. I guess that I exhausted myself to the point that I couldn't really function anymore." I explained the quick lie.

Uraraka then said, "My goodness, I hope that you didn't burn yourself out."

I smiled, "I didn't, don't worry. It'll take more than exhaustion to stop me."

"You still should be careful thought, Y/N. No matter how strong a person is, there is always a point that they cannot take anymore and may cause harm to themselves." said Iida, "My brother used to partner up with another hero who had to quit the career because he pushed that limit too many times and lost his quirk."