Chapter 72: I'm back

After a while of sitting there, I had fallen asleep somehow, and when I woke up I was in my room. It was dark so obviously it was night. It took me a few times to sit up, which I eventually did after a while. I tried to stand, but all I was able to do was wobble at the side of my bed for a few seconds before my legs collapsed underneath me. Not too long later they both came running into my room and turned on the light as they ran in.

"Are you alright? Why are you on the floor?" Aizawa asked as Yamada was just making it up the staircase slowly.

I used all of my strength to get myself sitting on my knees, "I wanted to go down to my sofa and watch a little TV."

"You should be sleeping instead." Yamada said.

"Yeah, but I kinda can't sleep anymore; I wanna be up for a little bit then try to sleep again." I said in a near whiny tone.

"Here, we'll help you down there." Aizawa said as he bent down to help me and Yamada walked towards me to help.

I stopped them, "I'll do it myself, I can't baby myself even though I'm not in the best of shape right now, but I can do my best at moving about."

They stopped their effort to help me, "Are you sure? You could hurt yourself on the stairs."

"I'll be fine." I said as I slid the bandage off of my head.

Yamada took a sudden step forward, "No, don't do that!"

I felt where the bullet wound once was as I ripped the bandage off of the bottom of my jaw. "Why? It should have healed by now." I then felt where the second wound was.

"What? Tilt your head back." Yamada ordered in a confused tone.

I did just that and they both gasped quietly at the sight.

"All that's there is just a little scar." said Aizawa, sounding amazed. I brought my head down and started for the staircase. "Hey, head down to the bottom and catch her if she loses her grip." He said, ordering Yamada to go to the bottom and wait. He then went down the staircase as I was halfway there.

I stopped to catch my breath and said, "I feel like an idiot army crawling around."

"It doesn't matter to us, so it doesn't matter how funny you think you look." Aizawa said as he leaned on the railing with his arms crossed, looking clearly tired.

"Sure." I said as I started to make my way again to the stairs.

Once I made it to the stairs, I sat there with my legs going down the stairs. I held onto the railing as I scooted down the stairs as if I was a little five year old. When I made it down, I tried to stand but instead I did a faceplant. Thankfully Yamada was there to catch me so I didn't hit the ground. Since he was already holding onto me, he helped me walk to the sofa.

"Do you want a blanket and pillow too?" Yamada asked.

I felt my hoodie pocket and felt that my phone wasn't there. "And my phone, that'd be great."

Aizawa then walked down from the loft and handed me the blanket and pillow. Since I was so weak I wasn't able to hold them up, so I took a hold of them and they fell in my lap as I held onto them. I then took my phone once I scooted the pillow and blanket to the side.

"Thank you, guys, very much." I said.

"No problem." Yamada said with a smile.

Aizawa started walking to the door as he said tiredly, "Now let's go to bed."

Yamada followed behind him, but before he left my room he said, "Good night."

I then grabbed the remote that was on the coffee table and started watching some drama show. I didn't pay much attention to it most of the time because drama's aren't my sort of thing and I kept on getting lost in my train of thought. After a short hour I arranged the pillow and laid down, struggling to cover myself with the blanket. Like last time, I punched myself in the eye since my hand slipped as I pulled the blanket up. I swore quietly to myself, but somehow out of my anger, I stopped and realized that I still hadn't seen Melody. I sat up and looked around in what dim light was shining in from the street lights. I noticed that my bathroom door was closed, which was unusual.