Chapter 41: Is this real life?

I heard a whisper, "Hey, wake up."

I opened my eyes.

"Hey, I said wake up!"

I now sat up and when I looked around I didn't see anyone.

"H-hello?" I asked, not sure who woke me up.

"Come down here." The voice said now in a whisper which sounded like it was close to my ear. I sprang up from the sofa and looked around while standing in one spot. I then walked up the spiral staircase to see if anyone was up there; no one. Just as I turned around, the voice yelled again.

"I said come down here!"

I run down the spiral staircase and out of my room.

'Where am I supposed to go?!' I thought frantically. When I ran out of my room I stopped at the railing and looked down into the living-room.

"Here! Right here!"

'Am I supposed to go down there? I don't want to...'

I slowly and hesitantly walked over to the staircase and down it. When I made it to the near to last step, I peaked around the corner. I saw absolutely nothing. Everything was how it always looked. I then climb down the last few steps and out of the short hall.

"Good, good! Now, come in here."

'Here...here? How vague can the voice get? I don't know where I'm going or what's happening.'

I walk slowly to the kitchen and open the pantry door.

"No! Wrong way!" The voice yelled. With more minutes that passed, it seemed as though the voice was becoming more frantic.

I then quickly shut the door and walked out of the kitchen. I turned my head to look at the closed bedroom door which belonged to Aizawa and Yamada.

"Yes! YES! In here! Come in here!"

'Am I supposed to go in there? It's sort of off limits to me. Though they never said anything about not going in, it's just common sense.'

I walk slowly towards the closed door. I didn't want to. I tried to stop walking but I couldn't, my legs were moving on their own. Once I was close enough to the door, I stopped walking. I tried to take a step back but I couldn't. I then tried to turn around but I couldn't do that either. All I could move were my arms and my head. I first knocked on the door.

"H-hello? Guys? A-are you in there?" I ask shakily.

I cautiously pushed my hand towards the door knob once I didn't get a response. I then ever so slowly opened the door and peeked my head around the door.

"Guys?" I ask unsure of what could happen.

The first thing that I noticed was the messy bed, then what laid behind it peeking from around the corner of the bedpost. I wasn't sure what it was from where I was standing. It looked like a puddle or something; it looked wet whatever it was. I crept closer, and as I did, I regretted falling asleep.

"No!" I yelled out in a surplus of mixed emotions and covered my mouth as fast as I could say it. Upon staring at what lay at my feet, my hand that was covering my mouth slowly fell to my side. I didn't like all the emotions that rushed my way.

'W-what happened!?'

'This was my fault...I shouldn't have fallen asleep...'

'Why couldn't it have been me...'

'I will find who did this!'

What I was staring at was Aizawa's pale, cold, bloody, and bruised body. His sleeves were rolled up which showed vertical slits as if he tried to kill himself. There was a bruise around his neck as if he tried to hang himself since the cuts didn't work, or it wasn't fast enough. I didn't know what to do. Still facing the corps I started to walk slowly backwards; I couldn't take my eyes off of him. His expression confused me. It looked as if he was happy and content, yet his pallor said a different story. My eyes were fixed on him and my confusion wouldn't allow me to redirect my eyes.