Chapter 26: The thought of moving out?...bleh

The rest of the school day went on like usual. Since I was actually physically weaker than how the day started, I teleported home. I thought that I may have gained some strength during the day, but instead it went the other way. Anyway, when I got home I ate another yogurt since my throat was still really sore. After I finished the cup, I went to the living room and watched TV. I must have fallen asleep while I was sitting there cause I woke up to the sound of someone unlocking my door. Since I'm a light sleeper (when I'm not sleep deprived) I wake up to the slightest of sounds. Well, I must have been dreaming too cause my eyes shot open and when I tried to move, I couldn't. I saw a dark figure standing in the corner and whispering loud inaudible words. I started to panic. My heart raced, I started to breathe heavily and whimpered out of fear.

The front door opened and Toshinori's voice rang out, "It's just me, Y/N. I'm coming in." He then walked in, must have taken off his shoes first cause he then walked swiftly over to the sofa that I was sitting on and asked in a concerned tone, "What's wrong?!" He looked to the same corner that I was looking at, "What are you looking at? What do you see?"

I tried to speak but all that came out were muffled yells. I kept on trying to move but the only thing that did move was that terrifying dark figure. As it got closer I started to whimper louder and louder as it drew near.

He then shook me, "Y/N! What's the matter?"

Just as the figure was upon me, it disappeared and I was able to move again. I quickly jumped up and ran behind the sofa, holding onto the back of it.

"What's going on?" He asked worried

I let my breathing slow down to its normal pace before stuttering, "I-it m-must have be-been that damn s-sleep paralysis again."

He then let out a sigh before sitting down, "I didn't know you had sleep paralysis."

I then said as I walked around the sofa and sat on the arm of it, "I haven't had it for a long time."

"When was your first time?"

I shook my head as I said, "I don't remember." I stood up "Well, since you're here I'm going to bed."

He then looked at the time, "Well, what'd you know, it's nearing ten. I suppose you should get some sleep. Goodnight then, see you in the morning."

I stopped in my bedroom doorway, "Yeah, night." then shut the door, climbed in bed and didn't fall asleep for another hour or so.

A few days passed and I gained my strength back. About a week after I gained all of my strength, nearly all of the bruises faded and my black eye was almost back to normal. I mean, yeah, my eye itself was still quite red and bloodshot, but it will take some time.

On that Monday we all got papers in class saying that homeroom teachers are going to go around to each household and try to convince the parents into letting their child move into this new dormitory that was built. They were going around on a Friday; a day that school was canceled so the teachers could talk to parents.

On that Friday, I must have been the last person that they would talk to. They didn't arrive until a little after five. There was a knock at the door. I answered it and there stood my homeroom teacher and...Present Mic?

Before I could say anything, Aizawa said, "I'm sorry, but All Might was supposed to be here too; said that he was going to run an errand quickly but hasn't returned yet. As I was on the train here, Mic bumped into me and decided to tag along. I'm sorry if it's an inconvenience."

I started to slightly stutter, "N-no, that's fine. C-come in, please." They then walked in and just as they were going to take off their shoes I said, "Ahh, i-it's fine. You don't need to take off your shoes."

"Are you sure?" Mic asked

I confirmed as I slid past them, walking towards the living room, "Y-yes, I am."

I sat in the chair that was facing the kitchen while Mic and Aizawa sat on the sofa. Aizawa sat down first, then Mic. Mic sat really close to Aizawa, causing him to scoot over, Mic then scooted over too. Aizawa then shot him with a death glare, causing Mic to move back to his original spot.

After Aizawa sighed, he asked, "Aren't your parents going to join?"

'Shit! I forgot about them! Fuck! Quick, think of something!' I thought frantically.

"Th-they are at work." I said as I tucked my hands into my sweatshirt pocket.

He then asked another question, "I see, when do they get off of work?"

'Think! Think, Y/N, think!'

"They don't get off until three, but usually arrive at three thirty." I tried my best to make it sound real.

He raised an eyebrow, "In the morning?"

Slightly confused as to why he would think it would be in the morning, I said, "Umm, no, afternoon."

He deadpanned, "Well it's a quarter past five right now." he sighed before continuing, "Where are they really?"

'Ah-ha! Idea!'

I then said nervously as I raised my shoulders, "Overtime?" He then gave me the 'is that the best you could come up with?' look. I quickly looked down then started to explain, "They won't be arriving."

I was cut off by Mic asking, sounding as if he was interested to hear what was really going on, "What happened? Did they run off without you, abandoning you?" Aizawa then elbowed him in the ribs.

I continued, "N-no. They aren't here anymore. I mean, living." I paused "They died when I was five." I paused again as I lifted my head before continuing, "Well, that's not important. So, about the dorms?"

Aizawa said before standing up, "Well, the school needs a signature from the parent and/or guardian. I'm not quite sure if you'll be allowed to move into a dorm, but I'll talk to Principal Nezu." He then dug in his briefcase and pulled out a paper, "Here is some information about the dormitory just in case." and handed the paper to me. "We would stay longer to persuade the guardian, but there isn't anyone to persuade, and I'm sure that you would have no issues with moving. So, with you already having all of the information that you need, we'll be leaving." He stood up "Thank you for your time."

Mic then repeated, "Yes, thank you for your time." They both then walked to the door and left.

About an hour and a half later Toshinori arrived. He looked like he was quite beat from using his quirk nearly all day to talk to parents. He plopped himself onto the sofa and closed his eyes.

"So, how did today go?" I ask, resting my hands on the back of the sofa.

He opened his eyes and replied, "Better than we hoped for. Everyone's parents- well, those of class 1-A at least- signed their child up already." He then sat up as he realized, "My god! I wasn't here for when Aizawa stopped by. How did that go?"

"Well, it wasn't bad, I guess. He and Mic stopped by. He said that I may not be able to move in since I wouldn't have a parent's signature, but he'll discuss it with Nezu on Monday, I guess." I said as I looked out the window.

He let out a sigh before explaining, "I'm sorry I wasn't here. I wanted to talk to Midoriya's parents myself so I could try and explain to them about their son's quirk and his progress."

"I hope it went well with his mother." I said as I walked to the kitchen to get something to drink.

"How do you know it's just his mother?" he asked.

I said after I took a sip of water, "I've gone over a few times to his place."

He then nodded his head slowly at my response. After a moment of silence, I looked over to him and it turned out that he fell asleep sitting up right on the sofa. I walked over and draped a blanket over his lap and went into my room to watch videos on my laptop until I decided to go to bed.