Chapter 13-Rules of Shogi

(Your POV)

My eyes groggily opened in response to the light pouring from the window, so I tried moving my arm to block the light, but I immediately felt my arm was wrapped around something with a smooth and soft surface. I opened my eyes slight in order to see this object, and I turned my head in order to see it better. I was rather shocked to see the object was actually a naked Rias sleeping between me and the back support of the couch.

I obviously panicked and felt my face getting red from the physical contact, and realizing that she was hugging me in her sleep like a giant stuffed animal wasn't helping me. So I gently placed my hand on her shoulders and slightly shook her in order to wake her up. After a while of shaking, the princess finally opened her eyes and smiled warmly.

"Good morning (Y/N)~" She cooed, while I just remained silent and shot her a cold glare. "You know, that cold glare contradicts that red face of yours."

"I would love to ask you how well you slept last night, I am more concerned about the current predicament we find ourselves in." I blatantly said, trying my best not to stutter or yell first thing in the morning. "Since it's the morning, I'm not going to yell at you until after I had my breakfast."

I then got up and remembered how Rias likes to sleep, so I quickly took off my shirt and gave it to the red head. Rias then reluctantly got up and stretched, without the shirt I gave her and giving me a full view of her chest. I am so glad I have the [Gamer's Mind] ability. As she stretched, I slipped my oversized shirt on her body just to ensure nobody gets the wrong idea.

"Aw, thanks for the shirt." Rias teased, causing me to sigh and use my [Inventory] to suddenly change into my school uniform.

"You're welcome, but that brings me to my question; what are you doing?" I asked the girl, who stood up after I asked her this. "I thought I gave you the bed."

"Well it was uncomfortable." Rias replied nonchalantly, making me sweatdrop as I walked over to my room. "What?"

"Rias, that bed was designed for Ryujin for his vacation home." I informed the girl, causing her to smile nervously and sweatdrop. "Ryujin had the bed made a couple years ago, but never used it because he was always too busy taking care of the many issues that ocean pollution causes. So you were literally sleeping in a bed fit for an Emperor."

"Look..." Rias was stumped and unable to come up with an excuse as I grabbed her clothes and handed them to her. "Let's just go to the clan house."

Rias gave up trying to argue with me before she put her clothes back on, thankfully. I looked at the barely open window, which showed the outside world between the fish-patterned curtains. Outside only showed the grassy land and quiet pond that divided my house and the clan house. I simply waited until Rias was done getting dressed, which took a while before Rias handed me my shirt back. So I put my shirt back in my [Inventory] and turned around to see Rias, fully clothed in her clothes from last night.

"Hey (Y/N), I've always wondered something since I met you." Rias says, out of nowhere as we proceeded to leave my quarters by exiting the front door. "Do you turn your enemies into pieces?"

"Pardon?" I asked as I properly locked the door.

"I was asking if you could turn pieces against their masters, effectively making them your own in the process." Rias explained before locking eye contact with me. "That's the main difference between chess, my peerage, and shogi, your peerage. Shogi has the ability to turn someone's own pieces against them, in your case, either on a metaphysical scale or a literal one."

"Guess we'll wait and see." I closed my eyes before facing my body to a decently large building. "You go on without me, I'll catch up, but I need to do something right now."