Chapter 1-Reborn Potential

Sacred King's Academy, a prestigious academy that only the best of the best get into, but not in the way you're thinking. To get in here, you don't necessarily have to be "book" smart, instead, you must be...something.

There's no other way to describe it, there are devils, shinobi, huntresses, hunters, stand users, quirked, soul reapers, spirits, devil fruit users, and more kinds of people here. This is a special school, one that accommodates the needs of each of those people, mainly flexible hours and combat training for their respect abilities. Which makes me wonder...

"How on Earth did I get accepted?" I questioned, as I used my left palm to deflect my friend's punch, before using my right fist to hit her stomach, but no luck as she dodged the strike. "I mean, I have no useful powers or even a semblance."

I was currently sparring against Yang Xaio Long, an old friend from when I was little. She was basically a goddess when it came to hand to hand, but I could always keep up due my tendency to predict my opponent's next move.

The two of us were fighting in a clearing not too far from Yang and Ruby's house, we usually go out here for practice because we didn't want to break anything, again

In any case, one thing I've learned from sparring against Yang, is that wearing loose clothing like I usually do in a fight like this is a massive disadvantage. So the two of us were wearing rather tight clothing, Yang was wearing yoga pants, a yellow sports bra, and chestnut colored track shoes. On the other hand, I was wearing a (f/c) t-shirt, gymshorts, and bracers that were on my wrists and ankles.

"I know Sacred King's is primarily a combat based school, but your grades back at (school name) were pretty good." Yang reminded, while jumping back from my strike, before moving around my arm to land a soft jab at my side. "Besides, why'd you fill out that paper if you didn't think you'd get in?"

"I didn't want us to get separated." I answered honestly, because I didn't want to deal with Yang's 'interrogation' tactics. "Probably doesn't help that all of my only friends just so happen to be going to Sacred King's as well...so I don't have many options."

Sadly, my moment of hesitation gave Yang the opportunity to sweep her leg underneath my feet and knock me onto the soft grass beneath us. I fell onto my back and let out a quiet laugh that was joined later by Yang's loud, yet sweet laughter. Once she calmed down, Yang helped me onto my feet.

"Wait a minute, you have friends aside from me and Ruby?" She over exaggerated being shocked, probably forgetting about my friend who recently became a soul reaper, making me the only one of my friends without any powers.

"Yes, and their name are Ichigo and Issei." I huffed and crossed my arms, pretending to be insulted from Yang's comment as the two of us walked over to a branch with both our bags hanging from it. "Ichigo recently got his powers, which are soul reaper based, as did Issei from what I heard, but his powers are devil based."