Chapter 175: Like a dream

Start from the beginning

Without realizing, we made our way to the comic section. He asked, "What's your favorite series?" he then added as he picked the first volume off of the shelf, "This one's mine."

"I read that whole series, it is pretty good." I looked around for my favorite one as I hummed, before picking it off of the shelf. "This one's my favorite."

"I take it you like horror?"

I put the comic back on the shelf, "Yeah, I do. How about you? What's your favorite genre?"

He looked over the books that were on sale as he answered, "Let me see...history, action, crime; stuff like that."

"Cool, I too like history and crime. The combination of horror, history, and crime together are the best ones out there." I said as I too looked at the ones that were on sale.

We then looked around some more. Before we left I bought the last three comics to the series that I was just about to finish since it was buy two get one free; Chikao did the same thing, except he got six books. After the bookstore we went to the one clothing store that I get special discounts at. When we walked in, I followed him to the clearance rack. He began to look around as he said, "I hope you don't mind looking at what's on sale. I tend to look here first."

I too began to look, "It's alright, I also look at what's on clearance. Honestly that's all I buy, but with this store, I do get special discounts on regular priced items."

"Why's that?"

"I stopped a robbery here once, then as their way of saying thank you, they give me discounts." I explained.

"That is so cool! I bet you get stuff like that all the time."

"Not really, but when I do I really appreciate it."

"Hey," he then turned to me as he held a burgundy hoodie, "isn't this funny."

I smiled as I looked at it, "It is, but it's true though."

The hoodie had a cat on a shelf that just knocked a vase onto the floor, which was broken, and it read below the cat, 'this is why we can't have anything nice' printed in white.

He turned it to himself to look at it again, "Too bad it's too small."

Just as he was going to put it back on the rack, I said, "Wait, it looks like it would fit me; I'll take it."

He then handed it to me as he asked, "Do you have a cat?"

I took it as I asked in return, "How do you know?"

"You just said that it's true what it says on the hoodie." he said with a chuckle and a smile.

"Right." I said nervously before continuing normally, "I do have a cat; her names Melody."

"What breed is she?"

"She's an all white rag-doll with a beautiful blue eye."

'Almost like your eye color.'

You're so weird.

He looked to me sort of confused, "Eye? She has only one?"

"Yep, that's how I found her. The poor thing was so small, but I made sure that she was to grow up big and strong." I said happily as I finished looking at what I wanted to look at.

I followed him to a different section of the store as he said, "I have a cat too, his names Felix. He's a Russian blue, but he's quite old; I've had him ever since I was really young."

"Russian blues are so pretty, I'd love to have one." I said.

He agreed, "I know right? They are so pretty I'd like to get another one, but I want to devote my time to Felix since he's so old." I hummed in acknowledgement.