Eric Hosmer (KC Royals)

Eric and MK

You just flew in to Kansas City to see your boyfriend. Living far away from him was hard, but it was always a treat when you met up.

You grabbed the key from under the mat, just as he instructed you. A few hours later, he came in the door, angry.

"Hey babe," you smiled, hoping he'd cheer up.

He looked at you and scoffed, throwing his bag on the hardwood floor.

"Is something wrong?" You asked.

"Yes, something's wrong! The one night I get a homerun, I look where you're supposed to be, and you're not there. Look, I don't wanna talk. You can sleep in the guestroom."

He grabbed his bag and carried it up the stairs, ignoring the fact that you were following him. When you both reached the bedroom, he tossed his bag to the side and took off his shoes.

"I left you a message, Eric! I told you I wasn't going to make it!" Tears stared welling in your eyes.

"I didn't get a message."

"Eric please don't do this," you whispered.

As he saw the tears cascading down your cheeks, his face softened. He held his hand out, hoping you'd take it and sit beside him on the bed. As you sat down, he wrapped his arm around your shoulders and pressed a kiss to your temple.

"I'm sorry, MK."

That was all he said. That was all he needed to say. Eric didn't apologize much, so when he did, you knew it was real.

Later that night, you watched highlights from the game and saw him get the homerun. Even though it wasn't live, you had the man himself beside you which made it special enough.