Grady Sizemore (Philadelphia Phillies)

Grady & Nova

"How are you and Grady doing?" Chase Utley asked as my husband went and got us drinks.

We were attending the Phillies annual family get together.

"It's going great. I never knew married life could be so good," I grinned.

Papelbon scoffed. "Give me some of what you're having.

Rolling his eyes at Jonathan, Hamels turned to me. "Have you two been thinking about having kids?"

"I'm actually pregnant."

Their eyes grew wide and Cole clapped his hands together, obviously the most excited out of the bunch.

Before he could ask anymore questions, Grady walked over with two glasses of wine. I forgot to mention to the guys that he had no idea about the pregnancy. I'd just found out about it two days prior and was trying to figure out how to tell him.

"Dude get away from her with that alcohol. You know pregnant women can't drink!" Chase exclaimed.

Grady's eyes widened and the glasses slipped from his grip, shattering on the wooden floor.

"Grady!" I gasped as the cold liquid hit my floor length dress.

He quickly squatted and started gathering the glass with his bare hands. I grabbed his elbow and pulled him up so we were eye level.

"Grady you're gonna cut your hands! What's wrong with you?!" I asked, not liking his reaction to the news.

His hands were shaking and he couldn't make eye contact. I grabbed his chin and made him look at me.

"A-are you really pregnant Nova?" He asked.

"Yes, Grady. Why are you acting like this?"

"I can't believe we're gonna be parents. We're having a baby," he said, a smile growing on his flustered face.

"Grady don't scare me like that. You made me think you didn't want a baby," I explained as a cleaner came over and wiped off my dress.

"Of course I want a baby with you! Don't ever think otherwise."

I wrapped my arm around him and turned to the other guys. "By the way, I'm never telling you guys anything ever again."