Chris Sale (Chicago White Sox)

Chris & Delia

I never thought I'd have a boyfriend in the MLB. It was just icing on the cake to have a boyfriend in the MLB who was pitching in the final game of the World Series.

He pitched nine perfect innings, resulting in a complete shutout of the opposing team. After the team celebrated on the field, I headed towards the parking lot, not expecting to see Chris until after he got home from partying.

"Delia?"

I turned around and was met by an athletic trainer and a very good friend of Chris's.

"Hey Murphy. What's going on?" I asked him.

"Can you come with me real quick?"

I nodded and followed him as he weaved through the crowd. We ended up in front of the locker room doors, but Murphy opened them before I could ask any questions.

The entire team was sitting in their assigned lockers, all staring at me. I was taken aback, as I was expecting them to be knee deep in beer and taking champagne showers by now.

"What's going on in here?" I asked.

Chris stood up and walked over to me, taking my right hand in his.

"Delia, you are the most beautiful woman I have ever known and will ever know. I have a great career, amazing family, wonderful friends, and the one thing I need to complete this collection is the love of my life. Delia, will you marry me?"

I just nodded and hugged him as hard as I could, not even bothering to put the ring on.

The team started screaming and jumping around. I heard the bottles popping and soon enough, my joyful tears were being washed away by the champagne that rained down.