Christian Yelich (Miami Marlins)

Christian & Catherine

After the third game of my softball team's 3-Game Tournament, I was absolutely exhausted. We were considered one of the best teams in our league, but these games showed nothing for that title. Although we won them all, we had to work harder than ever. Our pitching was never enough to get strikeouts, we weren't as fast as we usually were, and we had to work extra hard on the offensive side to pull out wins.

"You did so good, Cat," Christian smiled after the final game.

I shook my head and leaned on his shoulder, trying not to cry. I couldn't have a professional baseball player lie to my face like that.

"Hey, I'm not kidding. You were the best one out there, babe. You aren't your team, you're part of this team, which means you shouldn't pull the weight by yourself. You were fucking stellar."

I looked up at him and smiled. I guess being in the MLB meant learning inspirational speeches.

"Catherine, guess what?" He said excitedly.

"What?"

"I know tomorrow is our year anniversary, and I wanted to take you to a place you've never been but always wanted to go."

He dug in his pocket and pulled out a flyer. A DisneyWorld flyer.

"You're taking me to DisneyWorld?!" I screamed, jumping into his arms and kissing him all over.

DisneyWorld was one of my most favorite places to go as a kid, and Christian knew I hadn't been since middle school.

"I take it you're excited?"

I let go of him and smiled. "I'm very excited. Thanks for this, Christian. I really love you."

"You're not just saying that because of the tickets?" He smirked.

I rolled my eyes and pulled him in for a kiss, answering his question.