Elvis Andrus (Texas Rangers)

Elvis & Alex

You sat down your seat. Way up in the nosebleeds, all by yourself. It seemed like everyone had a good ticket but you.

The announcer came on and made some mandatory announcements. You tuned it out and started scrolling through twitter.

"Well, as you all know, here at Rangers Ballpark, we always pick a seat at random and the person who is in that seat will get to meet the team. Everyone take out your tickets!" He finished.

You quickly dug in you pocket and found your crumpled ticket.

"If the owner of seat 16 in section 325 would please make their way to the nearest Rangers Ballpark employee, we'll get you to the dugout in no time," he said excitedly.

You looked at your ticket and screamed as loud as you could.

You grabbed your bag and sprinted out to find someone.

When you did, she calmed you down, and headed to the dugout.

"Now do you have a specific player you would like to meet or the whole team? I'll just tell you now, if you meet the whole team, it'll be real impersonal. I recommend picking one or two," she told you.

"I really would love to meet Elvis Andrus," you said.

"Bring only Andrus into the locker room," she said into her radio.

When you got to the locker room, he was sitting on a bench biting his nails.

"I can't do it," you said to the employee.

"Just go. They end up loving the fans. Most of the time," she whispered as she pushed you forward.

He quickly stood up.

"Hi I'm Elvis, but you probably already knew that," he said.

"Yes, I knew that. I'm Alex," you laughed.

"Would you like to take a picture?" He asked.

"Yes, definitely," you said as you grabbed my phone.

You took a quick selfie and were about to lock your phone when Elvis stuck his hand out.

"Could I hold that for a second?" He asked.

You nodded and handed it to him. He typed for a minute then handed you the phone back.

"Promise me you won't look at your phone until you get home?" He said.

"I promise," you said back.

"Have a nice night, Alex. Enjoy the game," he said as he walked towards the tunnel.

Bummed that you only got a lousy picture, you decided to go home early.

When you walked in the door, you decided to unlock your phone.

There on the screen was Elvis Andrus' phone number.