Kris Bryant (Chicago Cubs)

Kris & Alex

Being the younger sister of Buster Posey while engaged to Kris Bryant had its struggles. I always wanted to attend their games, but ended up having to choose between them more often than not. What made it even more difficult was playing shortstop for the Northwestern Wildcats Women's Softball Team. With Kris and I being fully invested in our own sports and Buster on the other side of the country, we barely saw each other.

Thankfully, I ended my softball career while also graduating from the college of my dreams, only to be proposed to at Wrigley Field. Life started getting easier after that.

During the summer, the Giants had a week long break. Seeing as it was Buster and Kristen's fifth anniversary and I was out of school for good, he decided it was a good time for Addison and Lee to come visit their aunt and uncle.

When they dropped off the kids, I gave Buster and Kristen quick hugs, wanting to get in and play with my niece and nephew.

"Where are you guys headed to?" I asked.

"Cancun," Kristen smiled.

"Oh sounds fun. Make sure he gets somewhat of a tan," I joked, nudging Buster in the ribs.

He rolled his eyes and they were soon gone, leaving me with the children.

In no time, Kris was home and we started our days of play.

We went to the Museum of Science and Industry, Millennium Park, The Children's Museum, and the Sears Tower SkyDeck all in three days.

On their final day in the Windy City, we chose to attend a Cubs game. Lee didn't like that idea.

"I don't wanna wear a jersey that isn't daddy's!" He whined.

"Stop Lee! Uncle Kris's game will be fun!" Addison snapped at him.

He reluctantly agreed, but soon cheered up when he saw the jersey he'd be wearing.

"Blue, your favorite color!" Kris said as he handed it to Lee.

He grabbed it and held it tightly, smiling up and Kris and I.

"Thank you uncle Kris and aunt Alex," he giggled.

"They're so cute. They're giving me ideas," Kris mumbled into my neck as he pulled me close to him.

I laughed and pushed him off, happy Addison and Lee made him want kids.

When Addison had her jersey on, Kris grabbed a few pink ribbons. He tied them on her sleeves and one around her bouncy ponytail, making her giggle and give him a massive hug.

"You guys are adorable. Now lets get to the game."

Kris ended up getting a walk off homer. What made it better is that he blew a kiss to the three of us, making the kids fall in love with him even more.

The day after the game, Kristen and Buster were back to pick up the kids. Lee was still in his jersey.

"Daddy, can you play baseball with uncle Kris?" He asked Buster.

He laughed and picked him up. "Maybe someday uncle Kris will get traded to the best team in the MLB. That's when we'll play together, bud."

Kris tried to hold it in but soon was choked up with laughter.

"Thanks for taking the kids in," Kristen told us as she picked up Addison.

"Hey, whenever you want, bring 'em on over," Kris smiled, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

After they were gone, it was Kris and I alone again in our tiny but cozy studio apartment.

"I love you so much, Alex. Thanks for bringing those little munchkins into my life."

"No problem, babe."