Buster Posey (SF Giants)

Buster & Caitlin

"Just stop long enough for us to take a walk."

I looked up from my book and over to the whiney man opposite me.

"I need to study, Buster. Just ten more minutes." I mumbled, looking back at my book.

"Caitlin, I've been helping you since eight this morning! Its one and you haven't even eaten anything. How're you still alive?"

By this point, he was right beside me, breathing down my neck. I pulled my shoulder up to block him and pushed him a safe distance away. He knew exactly how to get me where he wanted, but that was not happening today.

"You came to California to visit me, not to stare at a book all day," he huffed, walking towards the cabinets and pulling out something he knew he wasn't allowed to eat.

"Put that back or I'll tell your coach," I told him while highlighting a line.

"You gonna make me?"

I turned around and gave him a blank stare.

"Nice try, Posey. You're not getting me that easily." I turned back around.

"Fine."

I heard the crinkle of a twinkie wrapper.

"Buster," I warned.

"Go on a walk with me and I'll put it down."

I slammed my book closed and spun around in my chair. He was smiling cockily.

"You get twenty minutes, and I'm coming back to study."

...

We walked along the steaming streets of San Francisco. There were cracks all through the sidewalks, and I learned that the hard way. As we traveled past a pond, I made the mistake of not looking where I was going. I felt my feet come out from under me, but I was promptly caught by Buster. He tried to hold it in as long as he could, but he soon started laughing at my expense. As he laughed, he didn't look at the ground and took a tumble of his own. It was my turn to laugh as the tomato-faced man stood up and looked at me angrily.

"Not cool, Caitlin."

...

When we got back to his house, he immediately put on his swim trunks.

"I need to cool off," I sighed as I stuck my head in the freezer.

He walked over to me and mimicked my actions. He pulled me closer to him and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"I need to get back to studying," I said, trying to push him away even though I didn't want to.

"You said I have twenty minutes, right? It's only been fifteen."