Buster Posey & George Kontos (SF Giants)

Buster, George, & Abigail

"You look beautiful," George smiled at me as I pulled on the little black dress he'd been urging me to wear.

"Look at you! You look stunning," I smiled up at him.

He was wearing a quite fitted all black three-piece suit. We were getting dressed for the Giants' annual Gala, and to be simply dressed was not an option.

George looked at his watch and grabbed my hand. "Gotta go."

...

When we got to the party, it was bright and full of life. Suddenly, we were met with one of our good friends, Buster Posey.

"Ah, Abigail, gorgeous as always," he said as he reached down and kissed my hand.

"I'm gonna go talk to coach for a bit now that you two can keep each other company," George smiled as he kissed me and gave Buster a handshake.

When he was gone, Buster grabbed my hand and pulled me into an empty ballroom.

"Buster, why are we-" He cut me off with a kiss.

The little voice in my head was screaming at me to back up, push him away, anything. But I stayed put and kissed him back until he pulled away.

"You let me kiss you. You feel the same way I do," he said excitedly.

As he talked, I started thinking of George. The man I lived with, the man I came here with, the man I'd been with for north of 3 years.

"Buster, stop. I don't know why I did that, but it won't happen again. I love George and only George. I'm so sorry."

"George doesn't deserve you, Abby. I love you. I know everything about you. Everything," he said as he searched my eyes.

"Hey, what's going on in here?"

Buster and I snapped our heads towards the door where George was standing with two drinks in his hands.

"Talking about how amazing you are," I smiled as I walked up to him and took a drink out of his hand.

I wrapped an arm around his waist and squeezed him tight, trying to avoid Buster's stare. I felt George kiss the top of my head and wrap his arm around my shoulder.

"C'mon Posey. The party is getting good," George smiled.

"I think I'm gonna head home. I feel like I have a bug," Buster remarked as he pushed past us.

"What's gotten into him?" George asked, looking down at me.

"Don't ask me. Let's go have fun."