Eric Hosmer (KC Royals)

Eric & Laylah

"Eric, it's positive," I smiled as I walked out of the bathroom, gripping the little test in my hand.

He looked up from his book with wide eyes. He motioned me over and took the test from me, taking a look at it for himself.

"Oh my goodness, Laylah. We're having a baby!"

9 Months Later

I was watching tv on the couch, rubbing my massive belly as Eric chatted on the phone to one of his teammates. I felt a pull near my groin and my pants started getting wet. I looked down and realized that my water had just broke.

"Eric!" I said frantically.

"Hold on, Moose. What babe?" He yelled.

"My water! Eric my water just broke!" I started breathing hard, not really sure what to expect.

He ran in the living room, grabbed the overnight duffle that'd been at the door since our due date a week ago, and helped me off of the couch.

"Let's go have a baby," he said excitedly.

...

"Oh look, mommy's waking up," Eric whispered to his brand new son, Eric Jr.

"There are my boys," I smiled over at the sight.

"You are just the most precious thing, yes you are," he cooed as he tickled EJ's tummy lightly.

He made gurgling noises and smiled a toothless smile at his dad. Eric chuckled and leaned down, kissing his head then turning to me. "You wanna hold him?"

I nodded vigorously, wanting nothing more than to hold my boy for the first time.There were complications during the birth, resulting in me losing a lot of blood. They put me to sleep as they worked, and this was the first time I got to see my baby.

He had pitch black hair and a lot of it, just like his dad. His little eyes squinted when he saw the light, but his pupils grew as they landed on my face. He took my pointer finger in his tiny hand and brought it to his mouth to suck on.

"He's beautiful," I mumbled, laughing as Eric wiped away the tear that was coming down my cheek.

"Thank you so much for giving me him, Laylah. We're gonna be the best parents ever."

I looked over and kissed him quickly, not wanting to look away from EJ for too long.

"We sure are, Eric."