Nolan Arenado (Colorado Rockies)

Nolan & Becca

*Nolan's P.O.V*

"Bro, look at how creepy Arenado looks right now," I heard Tulowitzki say to someone.

I turned around and saw him, Brandon Barnes and a couple of pitchers laughing at my expense. Brandon walked up to me and threw an arm around my shoulder. Oh boy, here came the big brother talk.

"Nolan, you can't just stare at the intern every game. If you want her, go talk to her," he said, shoving me forwards before I could respond.

The entire team was sitting in the locker room, and she was over by the video board explaining something to a few coaches. After a second, she stepped back and let them check it out for themselves. Now was my chance.

*Becca's P.O.V*

Nolan Arenado stumbled in front of me and gave me a shy smile.

"Hello," I grinned up at him.

"What's your name?" He blurted.

I tried to stifle a laugh. I'd been seeing him watch me for half the year now. I'd also seen his teammates teasing him day after day for it.

"My name is Becca, and I know you're name is Nolan."

"Yeah, that's me. Anyway, would you like to go on a date with me, Becca? I've been trying to work up the nerve to ask that for a while now," he breathed, rubbing his hands together nervously.

"Relax Nolan," I said, reaching out and rubbing a hand down his arm, "I'd love that."

"Great. I'll meet up with you after the game."

He paused awkwardly for a moment, smiled, and went back to his laughing teammates.