Xander Bogaerts (Boston Red Sox)

Xander & Teresa

"Teresa, what are you wearing?" Xander asked as he pulled his straightened out his shirt.

I sidestepped him so I was in direct view of the full body mirror. I was wearing a blue crop top with 'SOX' written across the bust in red and a pair of white high waisted shorts. They'd just won the game they needed to get into the playoffs, so the team and their significant others were going out to celebrate.

I looked at him in the reflection and shrugged, smirking at his angry demeanor with his hands on his hips. I turned around so we were face to face and waited for him to explain himself.

"That looks slutty. Is that the word? Yeah, slutty," he repeated.

I tugged down on my shirt as if to make it longer and frowned. It wasn't that bad, was it?

"Why would you say that?" I asked, trying not to overreact.

"Those shorts are short."

"That doesn't mean they're slutty, Xander. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't say things like that. Now can we go to the club before everyone leaves?"

...

The entire team was at the club by the time we arrived, and I made sure to give Xander a hard shove when everyone started asking what took us so long.

After many questions answered, it was finally time to dance.

"I'm gonna go get some drinks," Xander yelled over the music after a few songs.

After he was gone for a while, a group of guys came over and surrounded me. The club was dark so I couldn't tell if they were on the team or not, and that scared me.

"Hey sweet thing," one of them breathed in my ear.

"That outfit looks great on you," I heard another say.

"Hey, back away from her." It was Xander.

I immediately clung to him and let him lead me off of the dance floor and to the bar.

"What were those guys saying?" He asked as he handed me a bottle of water.

"Nothing. Something about my outfit, I don't know," I breathed, trying to calm myself down.

"I told you not to wear it," he mumbled.

"I could've gotten hurt and that's what you're worried about?!" I yelled with tears pooling in my eyes. I hated crying in front of Xander but I couldn't help it this time.

He reached over and cupped my cheek in his hand. "Teresa? T, listen to me. I'm glad you're okay. That's all I'm worried about. I'm sorry I said those things earlier."

I leaned into him, signaling an apology and the end of the conversation.