Brandon Finnegan (KC Royals)

Brandon and I had been friends since middle school. He always had a crush on me and vice versa, but I never expected anything to come of it. When he was drafted to the Texas Rangers straight out of high school, I was sure nothing would happen between the two of us.

Then, the day I got accepted to Texas Christian University, he told me what I was hoping to hear since the day we met.

"I like you, Lisa."

We were sitting at our local ice cream shop, shamelessly stuffing our faces before Brandon had to go play baseball and start eating healthy.

"I really like you too Brandon, but you just got drafted to the Rangers," I said, not bothering to look at him.

"Hey," he said so I'd turn to him.

I looked up and he had the goofy smile on his face I loved so much. He was holding a wrinkly piece of paper in his hand. I grabbed it and quickly skimmed, realizing it was an acceptance letter of his own. To TCU, same as me.

I looked up at him again and waited for him to explain.

"I'm not ready for the big leagues yet. I'm also not ready to leave you," he smiled as he leaned in and gave me the first kiss of many to come.

Fast forward four years. We were both out of college and still going strong. He'd decided to enter the draft again, this time excited to see where it would take him.

He ended up with the Kansas City Royals, and of course asked me to go along with him, but not before creating another surprise.

"Lisa, these past four years have been the best years of my life. I'd want nothing more than to spend the rest of my days with you. Come to Kansas City and marry me." He smiled.

"Yes, Brandon. Yes!" I yelled as I jumped into his arms, squeezing him tight.

And there I was, four years ago sure nothing would come of our relationship.