Chapter 17

Days and weeks passed by, eventually leading up to September first, otherwise known as the first day of school at Hogwarts.

Harry, Hermione, Annabeth, Percy, and Jason sat in the Gryffindor common room trying to figure out what to do with the Hogwarts students and the Half blood guests once the Hogwarts students arrived.Percy slung his arm around Annabeth, half tuned into the conversation, half of his mind else where.  That Draco boy sent bad vibes to him, and he definitely wanted to stay away from him.  What bothered him the most was that Thalia approved of him, and maybe even befriended him.  He shuddered at the thought of them, like together as a couple.  Hermione and Annabeth led the conversation, mainly only talking to each other with minimal input from the guys half asleep on the sofas.  Instead of keeping the half bloods with the witches and wizards, they decided to make cots in the Room of Requirement and planned on talking to Winky the house elf about getting food delivered to them.  They had already decided on letting Dumbledore's Army (which Hermoine had explained to Annabeth) join them and fight. They'd need about as much help as they could get.

--

Meanwhile, Piper was with Hazel, Frank, Leo and Grace in the Room of Requirement, scrimmaging against each other and preparing for battle.  Sweat was dripping from their brows as they continuously fought and trained, not stopping for anything.  The entire world was at stake, and they were going to be ready to defend it at all costs.

--

Neville sat alone in his own private corner hidden in the castle. He had only just found it during the last Battle of Hogwarts.  Since he came back, it became his only refuge.  Over the summer, his Gran had a heart attack and died.  Neville hid the grief for several months, hiding in his corner near the Hufflepuff Common Rooms then letting it all flow out.  Now he sat there, perfectly still, tapping his fingers along the brick wall. He just needed to be alone as he waited her his girlfriend, Luna to arrive at school in a few hours.  She was all he had left, after all.  He prayed she hadn't found someone new, and that their love was still as strong as it was after the Battle of Hogwarts.

--

Draco furiously tore apart a picture of his family together, feeling his heart rip to shreds once again, just as he destroyed the picture.  Both crumbled and fell to the cold ground. Thalia watched from afar, leaning against the door way as she waited for Draco to turn around.  She had come to see how he was doing,after he got angry at her earlier, for no particular reason. He was just so broken and lost, but so closed off to the world.  Loosing her patience, Thalia glided over to Draco and tapped his shoulder.  "Are you alright, Draco?"

Draco gently swiped her hand off of him and turned around to face her. His eyes were pained and slightly puffy, like he had been crying.  "I'm fine," he said in a harsh tone.

"You're not," Thalia testified, responding in the same tone. She brushed Draco's cheek with one hand, wiping wet tears from his face. He closed his eyes, tightly let more tears fall from his eyes.

He suddenly smashed his lips against Thalia's, without really thinking.  She broke apart first, covering her mouth with her hand.  "Draco, I can't do this.  I can't love anyone," Thalia struggled to say, thinking of how badly she wanted to steal another kiss from him.  "I'm a huntress, and if I fall in love with someone, I won't be immortal anymore, I won't even be a hunter," she explained, releasing a deep sigh.

"Do you really want to live forever?" Draco asked.  

That question struck Thalia, a question she had never really asked herself.  Did she really want to continue fighting for the rest of her life? Did she want to die at the hands of any enemy? Gods, no. But what about the honor in being a Huntress? The joy it gives her? Would she really want to give up her future of having a family for that?  "I don't know," Thalia whispered. "I just don't know."