Chapter 26

Annabeth's POV

"What are we doing?" Annabeth muttered as she watched the grey clouds float past her. It felt so strange not to have Percy at her side. She prayed that she wouldn't lose him again after Hera had taken him. 

Jason, meanwhile was at the wheel of the Argo II, carefully guiding it across the darkened sky. "We're giving up," he said dryly. 

"No we're not," Annabeth insisted, her grey eyes flashing up to meet Jason's deep blue ones. "We can defeat Gaea by ourselves. Those 'wizards' can beat that creepy blonde guy by themselves. End of story."

Jason and Annabeth were the only two still awake. The rest had called it a night and were sleeping below the deck. "No, we've given up," Jason repeated, his eyes only looking straight ahead, not meeting Annabeth's angry gaze. "The prophecy, it means something."

"You're right," Annabeth gave in. "Perhaps we're looking for a group of werewolves to work with," she added sarcastically.

"What's wrong with you Annabeth?" Jason asked her, his hands tightening on the wheel. 

Annabeth snorted. "What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you Jason?!" she snarled, balling up her hands into fists.

"Go to sleep Annabeth," Jason said passively. 

"But-"

"Just go to sleep," he told her again with a sigh.

Before Annabeth could tell Jason off, she restrained herself and stomped down to her room. 

--

Thalia's POV

"Morning, Thalia," Draco handed her a fresh cup of coffee in a ceramic mug.

Thalia took it immediately and drank a sip. It burnt her tongue. "Son of a bitch," she murmured, rubbing her head. It had been a nearly sleepless night. Her head ached from the previous day. Thalia decided on abandoning both Percy, who had remained at Hogwarts to work with the wizards, and Annabeth, who had left Hogwarts to pursue her own goals. Thalia chose Draco, the boy who had saved her.

More than anything, Thalia wanted to be with Draco, but she knew she couldn't. By not going with Annabeth and the rest of the demigods, she had pushed off confrontation from Artemis. The goddess wasn't going to be ecstatic about Thalia's affair. But Thalia was still undecided about which one she wanted to chose. With Draco, she could have love, something she had never had. But being a huntress, she could live forever (provided she didn't die in battle). 

Draco was already dressed in his school robes, he watched Thalia as he leaned against the doorway of his room. He had convinced McGonagall to give him a room to himself considering his family circumstance. Thalia sat up straighter and pulled the olive green covers up a big higher. "Go on, go to class," she took another sip of her coffee. "Really, I can find something to do."

"Are you sure?" Draco asked, completely willing to spend the day with Thalia. 

Thalia nodded, her choppy black hair falling in her face as she did so. "Positive. I'll see you soon Draco."

"I'll send a house elf to get some food for you," Draco quickly stode over to Thalia and planted a small kiss on her cheek. "See you, Thalia."

"Bye Malfoy," Thalia sighed, then finished her coffee in three big gulps. Draco then proceeded to hand her a wooden box.  He left without saying another word.

Thalia placed the box in her lap and examined it. It appeared to have an intricate spiraling design along the sides. It was about the size of a small book. Thalia carefully lifted the lid.