Chapter 21

Leo's POV

Leo Valdez gripped Grace's arm tightly as he prepared to tell her the truth, that the death eaters had taken her twin brother. "They have Aidan," he told her as gently as he could. 

She was frozen in her spot, and she had temporarily stopped breathing. Annabeth rushed over and placed her pale hands on Grace's shoulders. "Grace, breathe. Breathe," she eased her.

Grace took a sharp intake of air and fell backwards onto Leo. "They have Aidan?" she asked frantically, searching all eyes in the room. Most were staring at the floor, not willing to break the news to her again.

Leo nodded. "We'll get him," he assured her, "we'll save him tonight if we need to. And Piper too." Leo didn't know why he was so confident and so determined. He knew what he needed to do and he wanted to get it done.

"Leo's right," Annabeth cut in, wearing a smirk. "Now we have a chance to attack these assholes."

Percy plugged his fingers into his ears. "I thought you only swear in Ancient Greek!" he shouted to Annabeth.

Annabeth chuckled, her face crinkling up slightly. "Percy, grow up," she slapped his chest. 

"All right," Leo decided to take charge. "Tonight we're making a stand. We're getting our people back. Jason, did you see where they went?"

The blonde boy shook his head, then hung it once again. He felt guilty for not saving his girlfriend, or for not saving the wizard boy who was snooping around as well. When they shot at Piper, he froze in his spot and just watched. He couldn't move. "I could have saved them," Jason croaked again.

Leo patted his back. "It's fine. You didn't know how powerful they were. They could have taken you too."

Jason didn't reply, he just gazed off into the distance blankly. 

"Right, does anybody know where they are?" Leo addressed everyone.

The blonde wizard boy raised his hand. "I have a feeling I know where they are. Guys," he spoke to his fellow witches and wizards. "Let's apparate them to Malfoy Manor. McGonagall made sure we'd be able to, right? Thalia, you've done this before, can you explain to them please?" Harry nodded, glad they didn't have to travel on hippogriff and could easily get to where they needed to go.

"Oh Gods, not this again," she muttered, flipping her short black hair out of her eyes before getting to her feet. "Okay, demigods. They're going to teleport us to the Malfoy Mansion. Just cling onto one of their arms and don't let go." Saying that, she prompty went over to Draco and clutched onto his arm. Some of the demigods had to double on the wizards due to the fact that the demigods outnumbered the wizrds.

"On my mark," Harry spoke up. "One, two, three." Then all of them dissappeared from the room of requirement with a loud crack. 

--

Aidan's POV

Aidan definitely regretted leaving the Gryffindor tower to go snoop outside of the castle. He was shaken by Emily's sudden coma, and he intended to figure out the meaning of it. Unfortunately, on that night a couple of death eaters were spying on the castle and caught him and a random demigod wondering around and took them as prisoners. 

The two of them sat in a dank, dark dungeon in the basement of Malfoy Manor tied together by a plant the only got tighter when either of them struggled. Originally they tried their best to wiggle their way free from it, but it was tight and nearly suffocating them as they waited. 

Of course, the vines weren't the only precaution, they were locked in the prison, and Aidan didn't have his wand to get them out, he had left it in his room. Piper sighed. "We're screwed," she said negatively.