Chapter 23

A/N: YAY. CHAPTER 22 IS BACK. BUTTERBEER AND AMBROSIA ON ME. :) This is going to be about a three page chapter. I hope you enjoy! Seven votes for the next chapter in few days!

Harry's POV

Harry yielded his wand towards the giant. "Is he supposed to be a giant?" 

Percy shrugged. "He looks like the green bean giant on canned vegetables."

"I hear that," Harry side stepped to avoid being drooled on. 

Percy gagged and took a few steps back so that the giant wasn't hovering over them while Harry followed, taking careful strides backwards. "So how are we going to do this?"

"Not die," Harry replied sarcastically.

"Couldn't agree more," Percy muttered under his breath as he lunged forward at the giant and stabbed at its gut with his sword. The beast only roared in response and lifted his club. "Oh crap," Percy dived to the side as the giant brought the bat down with all his strength, just barely missing Percy's head.

"Did that do anything?" Harry shouted above the roars of the beast. 

"No," Percy realized he no longer had riptide in his hand and frantically began searching for it. "I just made it angry."

"Wingardium leviosa," Harry shot a spell at the club, making it rise several feet in the air, only to bash the giant right on its ugly green, and bald head. It knocked out the beast immediately and sent it flying towards the ground. Percy had to dive again to avoid being crushed by the slimy body. 

Percy shot to his feet and dusted himself off. "Well that works too," he kicked the giant in the face. It didn't even budge. It was out cold. "What was he doing in Central Park anyway?"

"It's empty," Harry said, astonished.

"That's not possible," Percy didn't even glance up, he just recapped his pen and slid it into his pocket.

Harry grunted. "I'm serious. Just look."

"Fine but-" Percy's eyes flickered up to see the center of Central Park, where a huge statue (automaton? You've gotta love Daedalus) sat in the middle of a circle. There usually would be a large crowd of tourists crowding around the middle and snapping pictures. Percy did a full 360 degree turn and still did not see anybody at all. "What the hell happened?" 

Harry simply shook his head. "Something isn't right here."

"Fine let's just get to Olympus," Percy said passively. He was done dealing with all of the monsters and giants and what not. He uncapped his pen again and promptly stabbed the monster in the heart. It disintegrated instantly into grey ash.

"I don't think we can," Harry said quietly.

"Why is that?"

"Man, are you thick." Harry let out a heavy sigh. He was sick with all of the fighting and defending he encountered over the years as well. It never seemed to end.

"Percy Jackson," a low voice growled, still hidden from sight. 

Percy started to breathe heavily, fearing that his suspicions were true. As he thought more and more, he began to feel sick to his stomach, like he needed to get closer to the water- any water at all. "No, it can't be. Piper said... Oh man," he stuttered.

"What?" Harry asked.

"I am Polybotes," the Giant answered for Percy, still hidden from sight. "I was born to destroy Poseidon. And I will do so, but first Gaea must be awakened. I will use Perceus Jackson's own blood to do so."

The Prophecies: A Harry Potter/ Percy Jackson Fan Fiction *Warning: SLOW UPDATESजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें