Keith x Nifa - From Here (Launch Date)

Začít od začátku

The teen groaned at the mention of his outfit, "Coran made it for me for my date with Allura." he said, sitting down beside him, mocha hand immediately going up to pull a large pot off his head with a frown.

Keith's brows shot up at the combination of 'date' and 'Allura' in one sentence, "A date with Allura? Wow, well done, Lance."

He gave a halfhearted smile, "Thanks but it could be our last, I can't keep all these Altean customs straight."

Keith's eyes widened marginally at the reply, remembering a far different mindset all those times the teen had been flirting with the princess. And now- it surprised Keith just how far Lance was willing to go to spend time with her before they left Earth- "Listen, if she's going out with you it means she likes you. The annoying, stupid, Earth version of you," he added with a low smirk, hoping the prod at their long-forgotten 'rivalry' would lift his spirits.

Lance laughed, but it was still clear the teen was more than a little nervous for the night ahead, blue eyes still lost in whatever scenario was playing through his eyes.

Keith could relate to that one.

Wholeheartedly.

"You watching the sunset?" The Cuban nodded to the open plain in front of them, the clouds drifting across the sky now alight with color.

Thin lips pressed to a line before he finally tore them apart to answer, memories of the past drifting into his mind again, "Yeah, it might be a while before we get to see it again."

It got quiet then, the kind of quiet you could sit in. Relax in. The kind of quiet neither of them wanted to disturb.

He liked the quiet-

"Man, I'm really going to miss this place." Lance sighed.

Keith couldn't help the knowing smile that took his lips, his own thought process going there minutes ago, "Yeah."

"Hey, aren't you going out with Nifa later?"

He blinked at the mention of his later plans, "Yeah."

"Nervous?"

"Yup, you?"

"I think you already know the answer to that."

Keith gave a low chuckle, "Yeah, guess I do."

There was another moment's pause between them, the peak of the sunset now in full bloom, and then-

"Do you think I should marry her?"

Amethyst eyes widened at the question, turning back to Lance to catch sight of the teen actually considering it, mocha fingers fiddling with each other, "I- I don't know, do you?"

"That's not really an answer, Keith."

"Well, I don't think that's a question I should be answering," he met the Cuban's eyes, "do you think you should marry her? You're the only one who can answer that, Lance."

The Cuban frowned, "I don't know I- I think I love her, I mean, I have loved her ever since this whole thing started. And when Lotor came in I- I think that only proved just how much she means to me."

"Sounds like you have your answer then."

Blue eyes met his, "But, we're in the middle of a war, Keith, what if something-"

"Then she'll know for sure how much you care about her," he butted in. "Honestly Lance, do you know how many times that crosses my mind with Nifa? I'd die for her if I had to, and I know we do all we can to protect her but that doesn't stop me from thinking of what could happen every mission we take."