Acira x Keith - After The Storm

Word Count: 2,676

Guys, season six was the best season in Voltron history just to let you know, and, as you can probably guess, this oneshot will contain some (I guess maybe a little more than some) spoilers to the season. So if you somehow haven't seen it yet, just a heads up, don't say I didn't warn you though.

...

Silence reigned supreme in my ears, I couldn't hear much besides the constant buzzing of my thoughts as I sat beside the black paladin.

Both black paladins.

The silence between us was almost uncomfortable, it would have been for sure if it had been any of the other paladins besides Keith and my heart gave a joyful flutter at being back at his side again.

I was glad he was back and I was glad we were alone. We haven't been alone together since-

Well, since he left for the blade of Marmora.

We were sitting in one of the back rooms in the black lion, Shiro was laid down on one of the small cots that sat near the back of the lion, and, for the third time of me peaking at him, Keith's stare didn't waver from his mentor's face, which gave me plenty of time to look at Keith.

I mean really look at him.

If I was being honest, there was a second of him stepping off that Altean pod, and me wondering who he was, and I almost would've mistaken him completely if it weren't for his hair.

But then he spoke.

I knew then who he had to be but Keith looked, different. He looked older, and more in control of himself. He didn't look like the Keith I knew, the same Keith that I had begged not to leave when he finally decided the Blade of Marmora over Voltron. I remembered, in that moment, about Lance talking about their trip inside the reality rift, him saying that everything seemed to be the same, but it was all different at the same time too, same faces, but different intentions.

I met his mother, Krolia. He looked a lot like her and I remember listening to what had happened and what they needed to do and make sure Lotor can't carry out with his plans.

And then I asked what happened before they got there, and my blood turned to sludge, my brain had problems wrapping itself around their journey. I had no idea there were places in the universe that existed in a completely different time layout, but it explained why Keith looked different.

He was two years older, he wasn't a teenager anymore, he was a man now, and I had felt younger than I already was beside him. I didn't know if he would even want me back after all he's been through, but I wasn't about to force the question on him and demand for an answer either.

I didn't get much time to think after Keith and Krolia introduced their third passenger and things were flung out of the window after that, but even though Lotor's reveal on his master plans was a little more than surprising to me, what came after still had me shivering.

I was on the bridge when Shiro turned on us, he had thrown me against a wall, and if it hadn't been for my wings keeping my balance, I was sure that that blow alone would've killed me.

I felt stupid for what I did next. I watched him leave, and I didn't do anything to stop it. And then Keith followed Shiro to the other side of the freaking universe and almost died there, I was sure he would have if it hadn't been for the entire cloning facility falling out from under them.

And then- and then they followed Lotor's ship into the quintessence field. I was clutching onto Keith's dog like a lifeline when they disappeared, it didn't seem to mind the contact though, and I didn't mind hugging the thing even harder as the minutes passed.