Keith x OC - Hidden in the Light

Word Count: 2,757

The room was dark when he walked in. No light, save for the small sliver he left behind him before the door finally closed, plunging him into darkness.

For a moment or two, it was just him and his own steady breathing before the machine in front of him finally jumped to life, taking a moment to boot before the hologram finally appeared in front of him.

Keith almost lost his breath when he caught sight of her for what felt like the first time in months, his heart jumping to his throat. The fizzing, rolling light of the hologram did little to mask her beauty. Dark, charcoal hair framed pale skin, her piercing blue eyes took his breath away, and Keith clenched his fists at his sides to keep his emotions in check.

She was wearing the same dark-plated armor he had last seen her in, the faint outline of Lotor's insignia still on the chest plate from where she had stripped it off, and he watched as she shifted from foot to foot, before finally mustering the courage to stand just a little straighter and meet his eyes, the fear behind them still evident, but subdued for the time being.

"Not everyone is born into a life of black and white," she began, her voice chiming like bells in his ears, and Keith slowly eased himself onto the floor, the coolness of the metal under him keeping him grounded to the scene in front of him.

"Not everyone can see how a single monumental screw-up can change the rest of your life the second you muster up the courage to mutter those words, and even less of us know how far that decision can lead us into the future.

"And, I guess that's why I'm saying this," Keith watched her reach up to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear, gaze lingering to something offscreen before fixing her blue eyes back on the camera, the smallest whisper of a smile on her face, "Because I want you to know, how much you completely and utterly screwed my life up for the better."

˜"*°•.˜"*°• Before •°*"˜.•°*"˜

It was cramped in the shuttle. The thing barely enough to hold three people much less trying to fit six Galra hybrids in there all at once.

Lotor was the one piloting the craft, expertly moving the small transport over and through the asteroid field, we were currently stuck in, to get us to the other side.

I had reasoned before we left that it would've been much easier (for all of us. I made sure to stress that) to take two pods instead of just one, but the prince had quickly shot down the suggestion, reasoning that it would raise less alarm from the Galra base if only one craft were to land.

Of course, I knew he was right.

Lotor was always right

But it didn't make our current and very, very cramped position any easier.

I winced as the floor rumbled under me, my head hitting Zethrid's shoulder as the ship abruptly jerked to the side, and I quickly reached a hand up to rub the sore spot now pounding on my skull, my hair tied back in a tight ponytail not making the pain any better.

Our objective was simple enough: We'd sneak into one of the furthest bases on the edge of Galran territory and steal a very valuable piece of the reconstructed teladuv that was hidden within one of Lotor's bases far from prying eyes.

The teladuv had apparently been a part of Voltron's elaborate scheme to defeat Zarkon, once the main ship was within its range, it had zapped it lightyears away to be taken down individually away from the rest of the fleet. It had worked to a certain extent, but the Galra king was still alive so Lotor still had a father to overthrow.