Keith - Poison

Word Count: 5,216

Surprise!! It's another short story!!

...

"It appears Empress Haggar does not want an audience with the Paladins of Voltron at this time," their warden sighed as he slipped back into their tiny holding cell with a somewhat confused expression on his face. The door closing shut behind him had Keith temporarily blinking in the sudden darkness, but they quickly adjusted and if it wasn't for their current situation, Keith would've almost laughed at how befuddled the commander looked.

They had been flying through a small section of space that had been ridden with Galra warships that all seemed to be fighting for dominance over a single planet in the smallest solar system they had ever seen. Shiro suggested they fly around, but Allura had insisted that they go in and take a closer look, what happened next had four paladins, along with Shiro, locked away in a holding cell, and the blue lion too far out of reach to call for help.

Allura had managed to get herself, her Altean passengers, and Blue back to safety, and Keith was sure that the royal advisor was doing everything he could to rescue them, but they were too far away to do any damage, not without possibly blowing up the ship they were on and hurting them all in the process, and that was even if Coran and Romelle would let Allura go that far.

Krolia, Kosmo and the animals, as far as Keith knew, were fine, they all still had to be in the lions, he had a feeling that the Galra only wanted them, they could care less about their passengers.

Well, besides Shiro.

Keith looked over his shoulder to see his mentor slumped against the wall, looking beyond tired. His single arm was cuffed to the belt they had decided to leave on just to have something to secure his arm to. Even before they had been captured, Keith knew Shiro wasn't getting very much, if any sleep, and Keith didn't blame him, being brought back from the dead and put into an evil clone of yourself would throw anyone off balance for awhile.

Everyone had been quickly dismantled of their armor the moment the Galra commander had gotten a hold of their lions, and the poor guy was currently looking at a loss for words for what had just occurred as he scratched the back of his head, eyes still scrunched in confusion.

Keith hoped he wouldn't come up with a backup plan, and, if they were extremely lucky, maybe he would let them go?

Keith shifted his position on the floor, foot bumping into Shiro's as he tried and failed to shuffle into a somewhat more comfortable spot on the floor, and with his hands currently bound behind his back, he couldn't do much besides wiggle and pray he didn't fall over. Their cell was tight, too tight, Keith could barely move without bumping into either Lance or Shiro and he almost grumbled in frustration at how bleak their situation was, they had to find a way out of here.

"Well, I guess that means that you can let us go now, right?" Lance's voice sounded hopeful, and Keith inwardly groaned, honestly, how stupid could this guy get? He just caught the paladins of Voltron, did he really think the guy was just going to let them go all because the space witch didn't want to see them right then?

The commander's lips upturned into a gruesome smile that was anything but comforting in response to the red paladin's words, and Keith's heart clenched in realizing that he wasn't going to let them go. Sure, some part of him hoped for release, who wouldn't in a situation like this?

"I suppose," he mused, inching closer, and Keith could feel everyone around him tense, "that, or I could at least see what you paladins know and then get rid of you, imagine that, I could be put into Haggar's high ranks for just capturing the lions-" he paused, most likely for dramatic effect as his yellow eyes bore into his for a moment, "-and killing the paladins."