Acira - Unwanted Change

Word Count:  1,428

Yes, I'm finally just going with my OC, you could call it Acira x Keith, but really it's just one big mess, you can comment after reading if you think I should change it...

...

I didn't like the lack of light in this facility.

Or, at least this part of it, there were some sections of the Atlas that seemed to be so open I was afraid space itself might open up and swallow me.

But this part, the part I was in most of the time, at least, could use a window or two.

Or at least an extra light bulb every few feet.

Something to make me feel just a little better about why I was walking down that hall every single day to see someone that shouldn't even be locked up in a holding cell in the first place.

A random draft of cold air decided to smack me in the face in that moment, and I crossed my arms tighter across my chest in response, head hung low, and my wings tightened more around me.

I hated that witch, more than I did before this happened.

My hand reached out to the door I stopped at. Placing the forged security card Pidge gave me into the slot, the door beeped and slid open, revealing the huddled figure sitting in the far corner of the room.

The cell was at least nicer than the cells we were held in while we had been with the Galra, A small toilet sat in the back-left corner of the room. A small, twin-sized bed sat near the door across from that, but other than the typical necessities, the room was bare.

"Keith?" I rapped on the wall by the door with my knuckle, even though I was already in the room, "You okay?"

The figure was nodding before the words even completely left my mouth, I expected at least that much, I've said the same thing every day for the past few weeks I came in.

I turned around, making sure the door was cracked so I could get back out again, also making sure the door still looked closed enough to not raise alarm, mainly because I wasn't exactly supposed to be in here in the first place. I then walked over and slid slowly down the wall until I was sitting on the floor beside him.

It was quiet for awhile, he was typically quieter than he had been when he'd first been locked up. When Haggar got her hands on him and decided to inject quintessence into his bloodstream.

When Shiro and Allura found out, they almost immediately tackled Keith to the ground and put him under quarantine until they were for sure that the quintessence wouldn't ruin his mind while he wasn't under lock and key.

No one's allowed to see him until Coran announced that Keith's body would be fine. The only bad thing is, that hasn't happened yet.

And, I know I'm supposed to stay positive, but I'm not sure Keith will be the same once all this is over.

Both physically and mentally.

"Anything?" His mumble was soft, he still didn't raise his head from his arms and I noticed that he seemed to draw into himself even more now that I was right next to him.

"No," I said, wincing at how sore my voice sounded, apparently he wasn't the only one who was talking less now that this whole thing happened. "I mean, Lance and Hunk and them are trying but- this is a war, Keith, and even they can't keep pushing for getting you out when they have so many other things-"

"Well, they should be."

I closed my mouth, surprised at the sudden hardness of his tone

"What?"