Kuro/Shiro - Breaking Point

Word Count: 4,965

Ya know, just a detailed write of the whole Kuro/Keith fight, no diabolical twist here *evil smile*

...

He was waiting for him when he came.

Lurking in the shadows as the paladin cautiously walked down the ramp, a look of confusion and determination set on his face as he wandered further and further into the facility and Kuro couldn't help but smirk at the willingness the boy gave to fall into his trap, all because he believed Shiro was still there, that he could still be helped. That he could be cured.

His lips pulled back in a dark smile.

This would almost be too easy.

Of course, he would go easy on him at first, the fight would be no fun if it ended only a few minutes after it began. But Kuro was more than sure how the fight would end. One way or another the paladin would die, and he would use this 'connection' between them to his advantage, plunging a knife into their bond to better break him apart before going in for the kill. He had his orders, he'd kill the boy, but not without a little fun on his own part first.

It was only fair he'd have a chance to rise against him before crashing back down.

Figuring the kid had had enough time to poke around the last place he'd ever see, he emerged, being sure to keep his steps quiet as he walked up from behind, the paladin too busy studying one of the cloning canisters that had lit up under his touch to notice his approaching undertaker and Kuro couldn't quite stifle his smile.

This was going to be fun.

"Hello, Keith."

The kid gasped, whirling around to face him, his violet eyes (who even had violet eyes? What ridiculous color was that?) widening, but the fear behind them didn't last long before smoothing back down. Trust, took the place of fear, and, in turn, Kuro frowned.

They were going to have to fix that.

"Shiro, it's going to be okay."

Okay? No, not just okay, things were going to be more than okay once he finally killed him, once he finally let the blood spill all over the floor, and he shivered at the thought of that beautiful crimson painting his skin, coating it in a beautiful red-

He smiled, aware his thoughts were jumping ahead of him, but he couldn't help how excited he was, "Yes, I know."

"We just need to get back to the castle."

He frowned at that, this kid actually thought they were walking out alive? If he wasn't in the company of another person he would've chuckled before curling his fists, ready for a fight, and a violent snap of anger surged through him that they were still standing there talking, "We, are not going anywhere!" he charged, fist igniting in a flash of light.

He watched in mild amusement as the paladin's eyes widened, a flicker of fear hidden beneath them before he brought his shield up, his fist instead smacking against the blue plated surface. He could feel the kid tense under him as he attempted to duck and roll out of the way, before straightening up as he threw it back in some attempt to send Kuro stumbling backward, instead he held his ground, fisting the paladin in the chest and he watched in satisfaction as he flew backward, back smashing into a control panel behind him.

Kuro lunged, fist crashing against the panel instead, the paladin only a blur of red and white as he ducked out of the way, just narrowly missing his head, and Kuro cocked his head to watch him ignite his jetpack to further the distance between them and his smirk returned.