Keith x Acira - Don't Forget Us

Word Count: 2,019

Just a heads up, I wrote this thing while fighting a head cold/allergy crap (still am actually) so if something doesn't make sense or the grammar is wacked up please let me know so I can fix it

...

I'm not going to say that my life is easy.

Of course, I did know legitimately, there were times that I really believed I had it easier than most in the universe, but as life stretched by, I noticed that those times seemed to get further and further in between.

And today was no exception.

We were currently all sitting in the lounge of the castle, most of us half asleep already, drained from the past few hours of freeing a planet that had been chained under Galra rule for almost as long as I had been alive. No one was hurt, which was good all in itself, I knew that, but it still took a lot of energy to finally watch the last of the Galra cruisers fleeing into the distance, my fingers freely shaking over Red's controls as we finally brought the lions back down to the castle to head to our briefing with the Blade of Marmora.

The same Blade of Marmora Keith was currently a part of.

"Is anyone else feeling dead?" Lance asked from across the room, currently draped over one of the castle's couches, limbs splayed out as far as they could go and looking pretty dead himself.

I snorted, crossing my arms tighter over my chest wings scraping against the back of the seat, "I think we all feel dead after that, Lance."

"Yeah, but I mean dead dead, like dead. Because I don't know about you guys, but I'm feeling dead after all that."

Shiro chuckled, his arms crossed, and I watched the ghost of a smile cross his face, "Yeah, that was pretty tiring."

"See? Shiro agrees with me."

"We all agree with you Lance, but some of us are trying to keep ourselves from punching the only noisy person in the room because we have a drum solo pounding away in our head," Pidge practically growled, her arm draped over her eyes tightening ever so slightly. She was laying on her back on the couch closest to me, face (at least the parts of her face I could see) contorted in pain, and I sent a silent prayer that whatever meds she had taken from Coran would kick in soon.

I caught Lance's lower lip wobble out of the corner of my eye before he sunk further into his seat, Hunk draping an arm over the small teen before Lance finally replied back in a lower tone, "Yeah, alright, fine, I'll be quiet."

"Good."

I bit back my laugh, shaking my head at the small girl's reply before looking down at my knees, the red of my armor catching my attention. It looked like Keith's old armor, the same dusty red that signified the mark of the red paladin.

I was the red paladin.

I closed my eyes, leaning further against the back of the sofa as the memories came flooding in at the thought, every damn memory that led up to me sitting in the lounge of the Castle of Lions wearing armor that belonged to someone else, piloting a lion that wasn't mine.

It all happened so fast.

After Shiro came back and reclaimed his place at the head of Voltron, everything, more or less, fell back into place.

Lance went back to Blue (he was beyond excited with reuniting with her).

Allura went back to piloting the castle, the level head of reason to the paladins in battle.

But Keith-

I swallowed, opening my eyes to stare at the ceiling.

-Keith never came back to Red.