Keith x OC - See Me

Word Count: 1,321

I don't normally get annoyed by someone easily.

I don't hate people.

I don't even like hating people, it makes me feel bad about myself that I'm hating someone to even begin with.

I don't hate.

It's not in my vocabulary.

And I mean, sure, there were a few times I'd get close to losing it. Very close.

Lance was annoying in his own way, heck, he had his own category of annoying, but even if he drove me to the point of pulling my hair out, I saw it more as brotherly love than pure annoyance. So as much as I'd like to pull that one out to defend my current situation, that didn't really count as a reason.

Instead, I'm stuck saying that I've genuinely never grown annoyed of someone.

Never.

Nada.

Zilch.

Well- until now at least.

Because Keith Kogane?

He's a whole different story.

And he was annoying as heck.

But not in the way you think.

First off, the guy stayed to himself most of the time, sitting near corners and keeping his head down, ignoring lectures teachers would give during the day, always doodling on a scrap of notebook paper instead making my heart give an involuntary flutter every time his hair fell into his eyes before he'd swipe it away again, not once bothering to look up at the short Latino girl practically drooling over him.

Well, not actually drooling, that'd be weird, but you get my point.

He was annoying.

And I'm sure the annoyance I felt towards this was a little my fault if I was willing to admit to anything in this, I could at least take a little blame to my behavior. Living in a big family with Lance of all people for a brother buried under four older siblings can do that to you, all of us stuck fighting for attention, struggling to be seen in a family far to large to gather attention to one single person for too long.

Keith was seen as an easy target I guess.

I didn't want to force myself on him or anything, or make it seem like I was being a pushover-

But I was really, truly trying to get to know him.

Not because I was into him or anything.

Nowhere close to that.

I just thought he was interesting.

Still is actually.

But I was not into him.

I slumped further into my seat, crossing my thin arms over my chest as the teacher droned on and on about whatever subject I was too bored to listen too, digging my fingers into my arms in an attempt to keep myself awake, silently counting down the minutes until this boring lecture would end and my next class would begin.

Until I would see him.

I wasn't into him.

Well, maybe just a little.

But maybe not.

Jerking me out of my thoughts I relished in the unspoken freedom the second the bell rang, our teacher's attempt at assigning homework falling on deaf ears as the classroom erupted into loud-voiced bodies rushing to get out the door. Everyone pushing and shoving to their next class of the day, and I just narrowly missed an elbow to the face as I ducked out into the hall, the cooler air outside making a lone shiver run down my spine and I hiked my backpack higher up one shoulder.