Vampire Keith - Fanged Nightmares pt. 1

Okay, I've been dying (no pun intended) to write a vampire Keith type thing and I kinda got a little inspiration to do it, but I've never done this genre before, so sorry right now if it's bad...

And, just a heads up, it's one-shot turned short story so...

Word Count: 6,325

Keith

Keith was so close, he could feel it, walking down the rougher shade of the city gave him a little hope to that fact that he was in the right place for sure, he had to be.

He kicked a piece of broken glass away with his foot, watching as the tiny shard flew into the street. His hands were buried deep in his pockets, his breath coming out in clouds in front of his face as he continued at his steady pace to the supposed destination of the fight club known as the Galra.

The tip he had gotten a couple of weeks ago said that they should still be there, they shouldn't move their destination for another week. At least, he hoped that was the case.

It had been roughly two years since his brother, Shiro had vanished without a trace. Some said that he ran away, hoping to get some fresh air away from his work, but those were the people trying to convince themselves that he was still alive after all of that time. Most, though, had come up with darker reasons to why the twenty-five-year-old had vanished into thin air, mostly when Keith wasn't around. They whispered that Shiro had been brutally kidnapped and murdered, or that he had killed himself and they were yet to find the body, those ideas alone sent Keith mind on edge and Keith unknowingly picked up his steady pace on the street.

They couldn't find any evidence of either theories on the night he disappeared. Keith had been waiting by the door for hours into the night, waiting for his brother to return home from working in the electronics store only a few blocks down, he never did.

Keith had called the police the second that the sun's rays had begun sleepily to peak into the city they lived in, already high on the panic that had crept into Keith mind as the sun began to light up their small apartment with light and warmth that seemed to reach every nook and cranny, but Keith felt miles away from it all once he realized what could've happened.

The searches had carried on for months afterward, most of them fueled by Shiro's co-worker Allura who was dead-set on finding Shiro and bringing him home. His brother had proposed to her only a few days before the incident, and she, like Keith, was refusing to believe he was dead.

Keith remembered the panic that had filled her eyes the moment that the police stormed the little workplace, delivering the news to her that Takashi had been declared missing. Not dead, just missing.

But, it wasn't too soon before the search parties slowed to a stop and people began to lose hope of ever finding him, pretty much forgetting him altogether.

After that had happened, much to Keith's dismay, the police had suggested they begin to look for a more permanent alternative for living, something that didn't require an underage teen staying in a rented apartment alone, it wasn't fun in the least. Keith had no living relatives to take him in, he had almost been taken into foster care, until Lance McClain had stepped up to help his rival out, because even though Lance had only ever made fun of him, mostly his hair, he had too big of a heart to watch his rival get pushed into something he clearly refused to be in.

He had made a pretty convincing story too, he explained to the police that he and Keith had been childhood friends, his mother was like a second family to him, and that she would gladly take the teen in until Shiro was found. There had been questions, of course, lots of questions, Lance had to hurriedly explain the situation to his mother once they got to the tiny barn house outside the city, firing off Spanish at a rapid pace while the police had uncomfortably waited for the conversation to switch to a language they could actually understand.