Everybody Included - A Little Tipsy, But Otherwise Okay

Word Count:  4,012

Brain: Hey, you ever wonder what it'd be like if the paladins got drunk?

Me: *shrugs trying to look uninterested* I don't know.... *gets smacked by the idea* THAT'S PERFECT

Annnnd that's pretty much the just of my thought process on this idea. The paladins get drunk off Altean space juice.....

...

Lance swished the clear, water-looking substance in the bottle a little more before taking a swig, recoiling immediately as the foul taste assaulted his tongue.

Hunk looked at him expectantly, his hands clasped excitedly in front of him, his brown eyes big, "Well, is it any good?" He asked hopefully.

Lance held back the urge to spit it out in a splattering mess and, instead, swallowed, shaking his head immediately at the question pushed at him, the stuff leaving a fuzzy sensation as it went down. "I don't think that's water, buddy, I'm sorry." He choked out, wiping his mouth as he put the bottle back down on the counter.

The Hawaiian's face fell at the find that the unlabeled, clear, sporting an equally clear, liquid substance was, in fact, not water.

It wasn't like Lance couldn't not feel his own sadness curl up in his stomach, it had been so long since Lance had felt the cool sensation of water traveling down his tongue, or rain running down his face, or the ocean right at his backyard, or-

No. Lance mentally shook his head, he was not going to have a breakdown in the kitchen right in front of Hunk, he was going to see home again, he just had to hang on until it happened. No meltdown allowed, nope, not happening.

Hunk sighed, defeated, looking around the kitchen that literally looked like a tornado had ripped the place apart. After finding something that looked suspiciously like pasta, Hunk had yet to find something that even tasted even remotely like water.

Who knew that the most common substance on Earth was pretty much non-existent up in space?

Hunk couldn't find an alternative, and he had just about given up hope. "We could try that nunville stuff Coran keeps bringing up, maybe that'll work as a substitute."

Lance's eyes blew up about as big as they could get at the mention of the foul-tasting liquid that just so happened to be an Altean delicacy, "Nuh, uh, not that stuff. No, not in a million years. I love ya, buddy, but, no, just no." He shook his head repetitively, his short brown hair still swinging at the motion.

Hunk suppressed a chuckle at his friend's immediate reaction to the "nectar of the gods", and Hunk couldn't exactly disagree with his friend's strong hatred towards the stuff. After getting a small sip of it himself, even with a broader palate for alien delicacies, Hunk could still not believe that that horrid stuff was actually popular among the alien people.

"Yeah, you're probably right." He sighed, leaning against the counter behind him, watching as Lance picked up the bottle, playing with it before taking another experimental sip again, then another small one.

"So, what now?" Hunk asked, looking back at his friend in surprise when he saw Lance take another large swig from the not-water bottle. Bringing it back down from his lips, Hunk noticed that the Cuban's eyes weren't as focused as they had been a few moments and Hunk suddenly had a pretty good idea at what was in the bottle.

Oh my God.

Lance took another drink swinging a little backward at the action.

He just got Lance drunk.