Keith x OC - I'm Sorry

Word Count: 1,661

I put this whole thing from an OC I introduced in my fic called Stardust.  Acira's kinda soft in this one, but it's not half bad...

Also, Keith bawls his eyes out

...

Suicide, he tried freaking Suicide.

I couldn't believe it, my feet refused to move from the floor. The bridge was an eerie quiet after Matt explained what had happened before Lotor popped in and saved everyone's asses.

Yeah, there were a few times stuck in Lotor's clutches that I felt like slipping away was the easiest option, but I never attempted it. Not like Keith had done.

I didn't know what to think.

What could I think? We had been together for only a handful of months and in those months alone I never felt happier. But Keith's recent actions had me screeching to a halt to question everything we had. Was it my fault? Did I cause this? Was it because we got so close, he felt the only thing he had left was to try and kill himself?

I shook my head, forcing the thought out of my head, I wasn't going to think like that.

"Keith, why would you do this?" Shiro's voice, soft and trying to understand the situation broke into my train of thought and I looked up at the former red paladin who was standing stiffly by the door, looking up to meet everyone's gazes. His eyes met mine for a second and then, he sprinted, leaving the room with the pounding of running footsteps.

"Keith!" I yelled, following him out of the room, pushing my legs to go faster, try to catch up to him, but it was no use, I got there seconds after the door to his room slid shut, locking me outside.

"Keith! Keith, please, talk to me." I said, both of my fists resting on the door.

Why did he do it? We could've talked, he didn't have to shut us away like this! We all thought that joining the Marmora would be good for him, and if he felt like it was the right path for him, none of us were going to stop him from making that choice, I just never thought-

"Keith, why did you do it?" I asked, softer this time. The hallway was quiet and if I listened hard enough, I could hear muffled sobbing coming from the other side. "Keith?"

It wasn't any use, he wouldn't answer now, the fact that he was crying worried me even further, I slid down to my knees, my butt hitting the floor as I stared at the shut door in front of me.

Pidge and Lance came around the corner and the green paladin barreled towards the door, banging her fists on the metal, but even though her face was angry, I could still see the tears already spilling over her cheeks, and the panic buried deep in her eyes.

"Keith, you better open this damn door right now!"

"Pidge, language! Why is everyone making a huge deal out of this? He's still alive isn't he?" Lance asked, throwing his hands up in the air. An overwhelming urge came over me to sock him in the jaw.

"Shut up, Lance, you can't pretend that that back there," she pointed in the direction of the bridge, facing the red paladin, "didn't scare you, and that's a new low, even for you, to say something like that, what if it was Hunk? What if it was me? Would you really brush it off like nothing happened?"

There was a pause, Lance hung his head, the reality of the situation coming to his sagging shoulders "No."

"I thought so." Pidge turned to me, "did he say anything to you?"