Lance - Hanahaki Love

Word Count: 3,088

*scrolls through at a later date*  I honestly.  I don't.  Just, okay?  Told ya, I didn't have any idea what I would come up with...

Huh

- Incredibly confused writer in the background going "what?!"

...

It wasn't like Lance could stop it from happening.

But it just...

Happened.

One second he was gazing at Tempest with a disgusted look at her cracking a joke about his beauty treatments in the privacy of his own room about to snap back a reply at her stupid smirk she had fixed him with when suddenly-

-he couldn't take his eyes off of her, and at the same time, a twinging feeling grew in the pit of his gut that had nothing to do what he had eaten.

But it sure felt like it.

Stepping up from where he was currently seated on the grand staircase in the ballroom of the castle, Lance excused himself from the trio of Hunk Pidge, and Tempest currently in front of him, and ran as fast as he could to the nearest bathroom, just narrowly getting to the toilet bowl before his stomach painfully heaved.

Lance squeezed his eyes shut, waiting for the bout to pass while he ran through what could have possibly caused him to suddenly throw up like he was doing.

Hunk had been the cook of the castle for a while, and he knew his best friend wouldn't dare use something that he didn't deem incredibly safe for the rest of his team to be eating.

Coran hadn't been cooking.

He didn't see Pidge slip anything, and Lance didn't think she was the kind of person to go as far as doing something like that.

Keith wouldn't dare.

Tempest... Lance furrowed his brows, his stomach apparently done with the bout, he leaned his forehead against the seat, his hands still clutching the bowl just in case as he thought, his eyes still squeezed tightly closed.

Tempest wouldn't dare, as far as Lance knew, sure she sure did threaten a lot, but he didn't see her doing anything severe.

And he wouldn't think that it was Shiro or Allura, they had enough to deal with, and Lance didn't exactly see them fitting that little type of prank into their already busy schedule.

Whatever, he was done anyway. Lance reached up to flush-

-and froze.

Instead of seeing what you would usually see after your stomach's finished expelling every known substance out, there were...

Flower petals.

Lance pulled his head away, getting to somewhat wobbly feet, he blinked a few times as if that would change what he was currently staring at, but the image didn't change.

Flower petals floated aimlessly in the toilet bowl, each of them a strikingly deep shade of violet looking as if they had been there the entire time and not just-

Wait a minute.

He just barfed up flower petals?!

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

This wasn't what he was seeing, it had to be a mistake. He wasn't in love.

He couldn't be, he didn't even know who he was in love with.