Keith - "Moonlight"

Word Count: 4,845

I haven't really done a shot in awhile that was nothing but something to read without someone getting killed/injured. So I hope you guys enjoy it!!

...

Contrary to popular belief, Keith truly did enjoy his music.

He couldn't remember a time when music didn't matter in his life.

He'd like to think he's been alive long enough to say that it actually, truly, mattered to him.

He loved music.

But, in a world like his.

He never got much time to show it.

"You sure this is the place?" Shiro asked, tone curious, the man's voice jerking Keith back to the present, that just happened to be sitting on a worn seat of a truck, as they pulled up to broad iron gates, the tips twisting and twirling into the sky. He noticed with a surprised frown there was actually someone waiting for them- hands clasped neatly in front of him, eyes staring ahead unblinking almost like a statue -as Shiro pulled his truck carefully into the driveway.

Keith looked back over to Shiro, who currently seemed to be just sitting, shell-shocked at the fancy gate, the look on his face speaking volumes for the sight in front of them, and Keith, in turn, tried his best to hide his smile at Shiro's expression.

Actually raising his head and taking a look for himself, Keith couldn't really see much from where they were that would make Shiro look that awed. There was only a large black gate attached to an ordinate stone fence and the sprawling grey driveway that wound through a mass of trees before disappearing out of sight.

Considering the fact that they somehow could've seen the house easily when they pulled up (Keith was sure if the carefully designed stone fence was anything to go by, the house was huge) it wasn't all that much to look at.

Remembering Shiro had actually asked him a question, he looked down at the scrap of notebook paper in his hand just to be sure, the curly, purple-tinted handwriting just legible enough to make out an address, and sure enough the numbers were correct as he peered from the gold-plated numerals nailed next to the gate back to the paper in his hand, blinking before he finally replied with certainty, "Yeah, this is the place."

Shiro whistled, eyes still wide as he slowly shook his head in disbelief.

There was a knock on his window then, and Keith looked over to see the guy at the gate now peering at him through the glass and he quickly moved to roll the window down with a low whirr.

"Can I help you, folks?" The man's voice was clear and deep as it cut through the silence between the two of them.

Keith shook his head, "Yeah, we're actually looking for Allura Altea's house? Is this it?" He asked, halfheartedly waving the scrap of paper.

The man nodded, "It is. What are you here for?"

Keith looked over to Shiro for his answer, figuring he'd want to say something since he was technically only here because of him. "Ah, h-homework, Allura- she wanted me to come over to help with homework."

If the guy noticed Shiro's frazzled stammering, he didn't show it.

Keith, on the other hand, rolled his eyes at his brother's nervous answer before turning back to the guy, "Allura's been coming over to our apartment every Saturday for help, she gave Shiro her address yesterday to come over here instead," he blankly stated.

The man nodded, "Of course, I was told to keep an eye out for him, and who are you?" He asked, pointing a lazy finger in his direction.

Keith blinked, moving his hand to move his black hair out of his eyes to better fix the guy with a stare, "I'm Keith, Shiro's brother."