12 | PROMISES

"what do we have here?" renjun entered the crime scene, putting on his gloves as yangyang quietly stepped foward to reach him. he didnt look happy or energetic to do his work as usual, and it made renjun kunfused.

"why?" renjun asked.

"you know him." yangyang said, looking at the dead body infront of him. renjun widened his eyes, before he slowly walked towards the dead body and kneed down, eyes glued at the plastic that covered the dead body.

"what's his name?"

"dong sicheng."

renjun dropped his jaw, totally shocked with the name that came out from yangyang's mouth. he knew him. he knew this guy. and hearing that name, his knees suddenly felt weak to the point that he slowly sat down, speechless.

"winwin..." he mumbled.

"a close friend of yours, right?" yangyang asked with a low tone, but renjun didnt answer immediately. he hugged his knees, he stared at the covered dead body. he didnt know why, but he really hoped that it was all a dream.

he couldn't believe it.

"we were more like brothers.." renjun whispered, trying his best to not fall any tears from his eyes.

he tried to be strong. he cant show his weakness right now.

but this, is too much.

he can't take it anymore.

solving pieces of puzzles was hard for him, but managed to stay alive. he managed to go through his daily lives with all those stress inside him, all those pressures and stuffs.

but when this thing involved someone that is totally important to him,

it felt like his heart stopped beating in a harsh way.

and thats when his tears fell.

"hey, renjun... hey" yangyang kneed down beside him, taking his shoulders but renjun just ignored his friend. he didnt care about people comforting him anymore. he didnt want to know, as well as he felt like life has reaching the end for him.

"you can't give up, renjun!" yangyang slightly shook his shoulders.

"he killed the innocent winwin... he did nothing but taking care of the convenience store" renjun mumbled, but it was loud enough for yangyang to hear him.

"why winwin? there are so many assholes in this world, why him?! why?!"

winwin was one of the nicest person he had ever met since he was born. sometimes when he was totally stressed out, knowing that going home would make him blow his head off because of chenji's screams and stuffs, winwin was the person he'd always reach. their brotherhood stayed for years, and now he cant even say goodbye.