02 | HIS NAME

"do you think aliens exist for real?"

naeun looked up at renjun who asked the question. she was colouring the picture that he drew for her, as the guy sat beside her while hugging a pillow.

"i don't know. don't you think im too young to learn about aliens?" naeun asked, looking at renjun who was staring at the coloured picture.

"you're six years old already, seulbyul is just being so strict about your brain. we need to explore stuffs, to get more knowledge" renjun said, throwing his head back and hit the sofa. the little naeun then climbed up to his chest with the picture that she had coloured.

a picture of an alien that renjun drew for her.

"that's cool but my aunt said that im too young to explore about aliens"

"don't listen to your aunt. renjun can be your explore partner then!" renjun stood up and picked her up, as he turned around and put naeun up in the sky, as if the little girl was flying.

naeun laughed in excitement, and yelled when renjun threw her up in the air slightly but caught her again. the little girl hugged him tightly, as both of them slammed themselves on the sofa in exhaustion.

"you're the best uncle"

"don't call me uncle, that sounds sooooo old!" renjun tickled naeun, making her yelled and laughed until tears fell out from her eyes.

"you're calling me uncle again or....." renjun widened his eyes playfully, and naeun struggled herself to escape from renjun's tickles.

"okay okay i wont!" naeun laughed, and thats when renjun hugged the little girl again.

to make it clear, renjun was naeun's favourite uncle since she was little. renjun was her aunt's closest best friend, so he often visited her even since her parents were still alive.

so among all the boys that seulbyul befriended with, renjun was the most comfortable to play and to talk with. and he had so much time for her, unlike jaemin who always went to the office, jeno who always play games and chenji who wouldnt stop studying.

"where's your aunt, actually?" renjun asked the little kid, but he just received a shrug after that.

"i dont know-"

"hey guys!" seulbyul yelled, making renjun and naeun jumped in sync.

"im going out. so please renjun, no more alien learnings" seulbyul smacked renjun's head, making the guy winced in pain.

"can i go with you?" naeun walked towards her aunt.

"no, you can't. this is a punishment for you" seulbyul said, slightly pushing the little kid away.

"what? what have she done?" renjun spoke up, as he pulled naeun towards him.

"come on naeun, tell renjun what happened two days ago" seulbyul hugged herself, staring at naeun with a sharp face. naeun just looked down, before she turned and hid her little face against renjun's neck.

"a stranger picked her up from martial arts class, and she went away with him" naeun wouldnt tell, so seulbyul said it.

"wHAT? seulbyul, is this true?"

"he just wanted to show me to kick and swing, thats it" she hugged the older, making renjun let out a sigh.

"how many times i told you about strangers, little one?" renjun removed the hair that covered naeun's face, as the little girl wouldnt stop pouting.

"now, stay with me. your aunt will buy you some snacks" renjun smiled at seulbyul, as she nodded and rolled her eyes.

"where are you going, anyways?"