43 | THE SUN SETS WITH YOU

it went so fast.

in a blink,

he was already on the ground.

"MARK!!!!!!"

jaemin and the others immediately ran towards their lifeless friend, screaming and yelling over him. chenle cupped his hands at his mouth when he saw his friend's head.

"fuck!" jeno screamed.

he knew mark was going to shoot himself.

why didn't he run towards him and take the gun from him? why didn't spat out his 'genius' word so that mark would stop himself from pulling the trigger.

some part of him knew that mark really didn't want to keep on living anymore,

he somehow knew that if mark continued on, he wouldn't even be happy.

but this isn't it.

jisung leaned his forehead at mark's chest, knowing that it's not beating anymore. he cried and sobbed so loud, his hands gripped onto mark's shirt.

"mark...."

"WHERE THE FUCK IS THE AMBULANCE?!" jaemin yelled, not sure to who. maybe he's yelling to himself, putting on all the blame on him for not stopping mark from shooting himself.

at this point, everyone was just going to blame themselves.

and renjun,

he wished it was all a damn nightmare.

he didn't move from his spot, he felt like he had been froze up.

he just witnessed his best friend who used to motivate him a lot in life shot himself in the head. he saw it with his own eyes.

there was no use in yelling at the dead's face anymore. there's nothing that they could do,

in order to bring mark back.

"renjun... what was that? why are they screaming?"

renjun wiped his tears away before he hung his head down to look at the 8 year old girl in his arms. he gave her the widest smile he could give, before he hugged her close.

"there's nothing you should worry about, little one."

mark left something for him, a promise.

a promise to take care of naeun.

slowly and carefully, renjun wrapped his jacket around the little girl before he picked her up, covering her eyes from the terrifying view.

"tell me, naeun. who is your favourite uncle?"

naeun's attention from the yelling jeno immediately changed to renjun who was lifting her up.

"of course its you!"

renjun smiled, patting her head as he walked to the car.

"im glad."

deep inside, he knew....

....he may lost one of his friend again.

seulbyul heard the gunshot. she heard the thud. she heard her friends' footsteps running towards the lifeless body on the ground, she heard everything.

every single screams.

it was tragic. she never felt this guilty even though it was her sister's doings. it was her sister who turned them into this. she was the reason their lives were such a misery.