33 | HE'S BACK

jaemin couldn't believe it.

she was in his arms.

in his embrace.

he was really holding her like this.

he didn't remember what actually happen. because by the time he blinked for once,

he pulled her so quick into his arm, holding her as if he's going to lose her again.

he removed the hair from her face immediately, only to see bruises and a few stains of blood on it. he examined her hand, and she could also see blood on it.

feeling so worried and scared to death, he hugged her again.

damn, if someone knew how much he missed her.

"what have he done to you?" jaemin asked caressing the back of her head as she leaned her face against his chest.

yes, jaemin saw everything.

how haechan held her, how he screamed, how he kneed down and tighten his grip onto her hand.

what was that mean, actually?

if haechan was the one who hurted hurt like this,

why was he begging for her to not go?

and for seulbyul?

why did she chose him instead of haechan?

jaemin breathed out as he hugged her tighter, as if he was securing her from this shitty world. but seulbyul...

she didn't hug back.

she just leaned her head against jaemin's chest, eyes staring at the ground as if she was deeply thinking about something.

does she have regrets? was it a tough choice for her just now?

no.

he didn't want to think about that.

what's important right now is that seulbyul is safe. she is safe in his arms, that's the only thing he wanted to happen. and it happened.

"hey" jaemin leveled his eyes with hers, as she looked at jaemin back, expressionless.

"you're safe now"

jaemin pecked her forehead and hugged her again.

that's it. that's what he wanted.

to reassure her that she will always be safe. and since she was in his arms right now, he didn't want to let go this chance. she was so important to him,

and he's sure she was important to his friends as well.

giving a peck on top of her head, he pulled away slowly, but still holding both of her shoulders.

"lets go home" he said softly.

"everyone's been searching for you like crazy."

no.

why now?

haechan was just trying to get some nice time to calm himself down. he was just trying to accept the fate that happiness will never be on his side.

but maybe it was a curse.

maybe he didn't even deserve to think about happiness.

haechan sighed frustratingly, before he looked at his back.