38 | ITS ALRIGHT (PART 2)

⚠️TW // cruelty, slight gore and child abuse⚠️
— read at your own risk.

a loud thud woke up donghyuck who was deep asleep in a car.

mark was there, sitting next to him as he leaned his head to the other side, sleeping as well.

he looked at his surrounding. what was happening? where are they? what he remembered was after they left their friends, they were forced to get into a car and seconds after, all donghyuck saw was blank.

he didn't even know how long have he been sleeping.

he looked at his surrounding from the car, as his eyes examined the view outside.

when seoyeon told him that he was going to be free,

was he?

he saw the chewing gum man being killed by one of her men, how will renjun and the others survive without any supplies? who will cook the meals for them? who will give them candies and award them with so many gifts when they won quizzes?

donghyuck sighed harshly.

he was thinking about his friends rather than his own danger.

"mark? mark..." donghyuck shook mark's body, trying to wake him up.

but maybe waking him up was a bad choice.

"you're awake, kid?"

the car door was being opened,

and donghyuck could see seoyeon smiling at him. just like a jumpscare, he scooted away from her, clinging onto mark who was slowly waking up from his sleep.

"what..." mark rubbed his eyes.

"looks like you're awake, now lets go"

donghyuck screamed when seoyeon gabbed his arm and roughly pulled him out from the car, as he threw him onto the dirty ground.

mark was next, and he was shocked as hell.

it was just the beginning, yet people are treating them like crazy already. they were only little boys, donghyuck didn't even know how to do simple math.

either its their fate or their life were desperately unfortunate, donghyuck didn't want to know.

before he knew it, seoyeon forced him and mark to stand up as they pushed him into a mansion.

"come on, boys. breakfast is ready." seoyeon smiled, pushing them roughly which resulting for donghyuck to trip down a lot.

mark didn't say a word since he woke up. donghyuck didn't know what was he thinking, but he didn't look like he's happy or scared about what's happening right now.

he looked angry.

seoyeon pushed them until they reached a dining table.

"eat up!" she patted donghyuck's head, but he immediately yanked it away.

he was hungry, he haven't eaten anything since the moment he left the orphanage. and according to the way his stomach was grumbling, he hadn't been eaten for such a moment.

just how low he and mark have been sleeping?

"you cooked this?" mark asked seoyeon who was washing her hands.

"yup. why?" seoyeon raised an eyebrows.

mark wasn't having good assumptions about the meal seoyeon cooked.