42 | LOVE DESTROYS

"if donghyuck didn't fall in love, my job would've been so much easier..."

mark looked down at his feet, sighing as hahrshly as he can. this is the related person minhyung talked about. he knew that he maky have a baby with that psycho,

that kid, was his niece.

"daddy!" naeun yelled, crying as loud as she can. renjun just held her close to his chest, calming her down as he whispered something that could disturb her attention from mark who was holding a gun.

jaemin cupped his mouth, hoping that he could unhear everything that mark had said. he really went through hell with donghyuck. when they left him that day, he guessed that there was something wrong with their sudden leave. but he wasn't expecting this.

"wait... if minhyung... died... before naeun was born... how did naeun know minhyung's face?" jeno widened his eyes. he was trying to access everything in his head.

his eyes moved to seulbyul, and he could expect what will she react after hearing that.

"i once found a picture of seoyeon and a man in her cupboard. the name down there was written 'lee minhyung.' seoyeon also told me that she had a kid with this minhyung guy. so i kept it and showed it to naeun, but i lost the picture 6 months after seoyeon died."

"but.....my sister... was evil...?" she widened her eyes.

"no... im... when i was 9... my sister left the house saying that she wanted to live her own life... she told my parents that she didn't want to live under their care anymore... i don't where she went...."

her eyes were fully traumatized. how can her sister do such things to kids? human trafficking? she got her money from that?

"s..she was a secretive person... i don't know..." she has lost her words. the only thing she felt right now was embarrassment. her sister really stole the happiness from their life  for no specific reasons. she couldn't believe it.

mark just looked at her, sighing as he took a few steps back,

still holding his gun.

renjun didn't want to assume things quickly anymore,

but the way mark was holding his gun,

it made him panic.

"mark..." he breathed out, still holding the struggling naeun.

"do you want to know what happened to us after you left?" renjun asked, his eyes were filled with fear as he stared at mark who was crying while holding his gun.

"we immediately ran away after jaemin found blood in the chewing gum man's room. we didn't know where the blood came from, but we knew it wasn't you guys."

"so we walked in a group and stopped a car on the road, they took us into another orphanage where there were more than 30 kids living in that place." jeno continued.

mark looked down as he listened to their stories. what part of them that they suffered? they only saw blood splatting to the wall and the whole room. they couldn't say that felt how mark and donghyuck felt.

"still, have you ever swallowed someone's thumb?" he asked.

"have you ever being thrown to the wall just because you're hungry?"

jeno ran his hands through his hair, trying to think about any possibilities that could end this without more of them getting hurt. but the way mark stand there alone with his gun, he started to feel something.