34 | THE LEADER

FLASHBACK

"is it offensive to ask the chewing gum man if i want seconds for today's dinner?"

mark's face formed a frown when he heard that from one of his friends. he took a glass of water and sat on his bed, staring at his friend kunfusely.

"maybe its not" the other one said.

"maybe it is" thus, the other one replied.

"i think if we stole the food could it count as seconds?" the one who just slammed himself onto his bed joined the conversation.

"wait guys, wait..." mark held up his hands, trying to get the other's attention. and fortunately, everyone immediately looked at him.

"why are you guys talking about seconds for today's dinner...."

"...when we just had dinner 5 hours ago?"

the whole dorm went silence for a while.

"wait, really?" the one who first came out with the dinner issue raised his eyebrows. for real?

"don't tell me you forgot that you had dinner, jisung" the other one, jaemin spoke up as he threw a soft toy at the younger one.

"sorry, maybe i was too hungry"

"i can try to steal food for you guys!" the energetic one, donghyuck, offered to 'help'.

but his offer was totall being held against by the other one with a crooked teeth, named renjun. he smacked haechan's head and stuffed his mouth with a candy he saved from today's dinner, before he started blabbing.

"how many times you've steal things from the chewing gum man?"

donghyuck knitted his eyebrows and pushed renjun away from his sight. but still, he ate the candy that renjun shoved before he leaned against the head of his bed.

"i stole stuffs for you guys. plus, its not a stranger's stuff. its your stuffs that were being taken by chewing gum man. im just taking it back" haechan explained as the others listen attentively.

"so the chewing gum man is the stealer." jeno, who was playing his toys backed up donghyuck.

"as donghyuck said..." jeno looked up at renjun.

"...people do bad things with good intentions."

"exactly." donghyuck smiled at jeno, happy when someone finally understands him that well.

unfortunately, renjun still didn't buy it.

"you took it quietly and sneakingly so that you wouldn't get caught. that is an act of a stealer. at least chewing gum man didnt sneak to take our stuffs."

"yeah, make it a robbery." jeno knitted his eyebrows, still being on haechan's side.

both renjun and jeno stared at each other angrily as if they're going to blow each other's head off. chenle, jisung and jaemin prepared to watch, taking renjun's candy and sat near them together in a line.

and donghyuck, he was already missing.

mark sighed, rubbing his temple as he looked at his friends. slowly, he stepped up, pushed renjun and jeno's face away from each other before he placed his hands at his hip.

"what did i tell you about fighting?" mark raised an eyebrow.

jeno let out a 'tch' as he laid down on his bed and wrapped the blanket around him. he knew that mark's going to nag and blame him for that. so he didn't want to hear a thing coming out from the older's mouth.