Chapter Sixteen: Easter Heart to Hearts

Comincia dall'inizio

Ginny rolled her eyes and swallowed, “You act like you’re taking your O.W.L.S.” she said.

Colin rolled his eyes, “All exams are important, Gin.” He said before leaving the Great Hall. His spot was quickly replaced by George and Fred.

“Hello ladies.” Fred said pulling some food towards him. George kissed Alison lightly, “You smell, Love.” He said and smiled. Alison stuck out her tongue, “So I’ve been told.”

“How was practice?” Fred asked.

“Just wonderful.” Ginny answered in a sarcastic tone.

“Lovely.” Fred answered back, his sarcasm matching hers.

Alison rolled her eyes at them, “So any plans for the holidays?” she asked them.

They both shook their heads, “No, we figured why disrupt study time.” George said.

“Disrupting class time is much more fun.” Fred added.

Alison shook her head at them as she stood up, “Seeing as I smell, I think I’ll go take a shower.” She flashed the boys a smile and then pulled Ginny off the bench. They went up to the dormitory together. After a nice refreshing shower Alison sat down on her bed. She pulled out her Potions homework and set to work on it.

Ginny came out of the lavatory twenty minutes later, her showers were almost twice as long as Alison’s. She threw her toiletry bag into her trunk before plopping onto Alison’s bed.

“Do you mind?” Alison said without looking up from her book, “I’m doing homework.”

Ginny sighed, “Between you, Colin, and Hermione, all my friends do is read.” She threw herself down across Alison’s book, a playful smile on her face, “I require constant attention, you know.” She said raising an eyebrow.

Alison shook her head, “I’ve noticed.” She pulled her book out from under Ginny and set it aside, “What is it that requires attention tonight?” She asked resting her face on her knuckles.

Ginny sat up, “Dean.” She said simply and pulled her legs up to her chest, “I don’t know what to do about him.”

Alison sighed, twice today somebody wants her to come up with some amazing advice that she’s not capable of producing, “What about Dean?” she asked hoping maybe Ginny would sort it out on her own.

Ginny sat for a moment with her eyes close, contemplating what she wanted to say. Alison could see her face scrunch up in concentration. “Come on spit it out, nobody’s here to over hear you.” That was true. The other girls had all gone home for Easter. Mrs. Weasley however decided it would be best if they all stayed at Hogwarts for the Holidays. That’s why they were here.

“I don’t know,” Ginny started opening her eyes, “he’s just been so pushy lately. I don’t know what to do.”

Alison kept quiet, thinking what she should say. She was saved answering however as the door opened and Hermione walked in.

“Hello girls.” she said sitting on the edge of Ginny’s bed, “Talking about anything important?” she asked. Ginny shrugged, “Just boys.” She said and smiled, all thoughts of Dean gone, “Hermione. Tell me who you fancy.” She said in a sly voice. Hermione’s face instantly turned red, “Oh, nobody.” She said turning her face to Alison, “What about boys were you discussing?” she asked in a tone that suggested she wasn’t really interested.

Ginny stood and moved to sit beside Hermione, “You can’t tell me there’s no one you fancy?” she asked more persistent this time. Hermione stood up and headed towards the door, “No, there really isn’t” she said with a catch in her voice. With that she left. Ginny cracked a smiled, “I’ll get her someday!” she said before falling back on to her bed. Within minutes she was asleep and Alison quickly followed.